1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooners vs. Bears (Men's) - Saturday (7:00 CT, ESPN2)

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by 8timechamps, Feb 7, 2014.

1. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Big game on tap (they pretty much all are from this point forward). I don't fear missing the tournament, which has been a concern in recent years, but I think this team is dangerously close to putting themselves in a position to go one and out.

Even though Baylor has lost seven of their last nine (all conference games), I still think this could be a dangerous team (see BU/OSU last week). Fortunately, we get back to the LNC, where our lone loss was to KU, so hopefully the fans will show up and we can get the W. We really need Cam Clark to show up for this game, as he was a big reason why we beat the Bears in Waco.

I still really like the match-up, and the Sooners should be able to pull this out. With five of the last 8 games being at home, we will hopefully take full advantage of that and go into post-season with 23-25 wins.

2. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

I agree. This should be a bounce back win for us at home.

3. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

same with you 8time, although I do see this being big for the dance. I just feel we are out of sync. Not sure why. I just heard last Thursday that the team didn't even get to the arena at WV til 2 hours before tip off. That isn't good, but not an excuse either.

bu is a very dangerous team. home or not this game can go either way. Hope CC and Buddy take over. Cousins can not be our go to guy right now.

BOOMER SOONER

4. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

Right on. Time to get back on track tonight!

5. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

So far, so good. I like the way they have worked the Baylor Zone.

6. Temujin

Temujin New Member

He looks spry today. For some reason, over the last few games he's looked really sluggish. I wonder if he's had an injury or something that we don't know about.

7. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The 3 ball sure has been kind to us tonight.

8. SoonerorLater

This is a really unusual game. Shooting lights out, very few turnovers and very few fouls against the backdrop of not really playing our game. so far this is half-court basketball which should favor Baylor. While it's worked for us so far because of our shooting I think we need to push these guys up and down the floor more in the second half.

9. Eielson

Looks like we're going to set our record for 3's tonight. 3 more to tie.

10. Sooner95

I'll take it! We are rolling on both ends of the floor.

11. SoonerorLater

I am glad we are making an effort to push the ball. Paying off so far.

12. SoonerorLater

Love that. right down the lane to follow up the free throw.

13. Eielson

After saying this we went ice cold from 3, and are still 3 away from the record. We have 14, though, which is a season high.

14. Sooner95

2 minute mark, Bring it home Sooners!

15. Sooner95

Frasc with FT attempts!

16. Sooner95

Knocks one of two down!

Good win! 88-72!

17. SoonerorLater

Wow this had to be the smoothest game this year.

8timechamps likes this.
  18. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Could have been the best overall win of the year, and Spangler finished with 0 points. He had 6 rebounds, and was active all night, so I think the win is a testament to how good we can be offensively even without Spangler.

If we can get over the hump defensively, this team could be really special. It's probably a lot to ask, with such a short time to go, but we are getting better on that side of the ball.

It was nice to see Clark playing better, and that was definitely a spark to the team. Buddy is Buddy, and hand his normal game. Woodard could become an elite guard. He appears to have all the tools, and only needs coaching/time on task.

Big win to end the losing skid, and more importantly another conference win. Crazy year in the conference, so I'm not sure we're out of the hunt, but we'll have to put up more of these types of games.

19. Temujin

Temujin New Member

Definitely still a problem...but I think we're better than we were at the beginning of the season. I think our biggest problem is matching up against teams that have that much size.

20. kevpks

kevpks New Member

Baylor has some nice players but no heart or effort. Lon had us ready to play as always. Great shooting and energy all night. That was fun to watch.