1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hamburger Chains

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by 8timechamps, Feb 2, 2014.

1. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I've noticed a couple of hamburger chains opening up here (Denver) over the past year or so:

Smash Burger
    5 Guys

I keep hearing about how great they are, but I'm skeptical. I don't eat a lot of burgers, but the last time I was told I "had to try" one was In 'n Out, and I wasn't blown away. Anyone had either of these, are they good? Average?

2. Turd_Ferguson

Turd_Ferguson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Haven't had Smash, but I have had 5 guys. I think it's pretty good.

3. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Its a ****in Hamburger joint, How special can it be?

4. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Smash Burger has sponsored the Bicycle Pro Tour Challenge (i.e. Tour of Colorado), so I would encourage you to buy a burger from them. I will if I make it CO this summer for some riding.

5. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

They have also entered the OKC market within the last few years. Both are good, but I would give the advantage to Smash Burger.

6. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

Personally, I found 5 guys to be one greasy-*** burger...

7. Sooner in Tampa

Sooner in Tampa SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Tampa has seen a influx of "upscale" buger joints...Square One, Buger 21, and Burger Monger...just to name a few. I am a big fan of Square One...but I haven't tried the others...

I agree about 5 guys being a greasy *** burger...

8. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

My only advice is to avoid White Castle.

9. okiewaker

okiewaker New Member

I seen a Smash Burger joint in Moore. I'll have to try it if folks seem to prefer it over 5 guys. I thot 5 guys was pretty good.

10. TheUnnamedSooner

TheUnnamedSooner Well-Known Member

Smash Burger is delicious. Love their fried jalapeƱos. 5 guys not so much. As one payer stated, very greasy.

11. reflector

reflector Well-Known Member

They opened a Smash Burger over by the Walmart over here. I like it. It is kind of expensive, but it is still good. It is in the same shopping center as the Belle Isle Walmart in Oklahoma City

12. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I'm just glad there were no White Castles in Oklahoma during my college years. Could have been bad.

13. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Smash Burger is definitely a good burger. You get a lot more personalized on the toppings than at 5 Guys. I'd say it's more of a fast food version of Bagger Dave's.

5 Guys is good if you like the whole greasy burger wrapped in foil with an ungodly amount of fries in a cup.

Out of the two I would go to Smash Burger more than 5 Guys, but I've only got 1 Smash Burger near me, and 4 5 Guys that I can think of off the top of my head.

14. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

True Dat!
    Lots of hype about the one opening near us. Went in there and saw them "cooking" the burgers on a flat grill. That grill was 2" deep in grease. It was nothing but a deep fried burger. Not a bargain either. We never went back.

In N Out is okay.

15. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

I like Five Guys but I'm a little biased since they're a DC institution. Sometimes a nice greasy burger is in order. I like the fresh jalapeƱos.

When I lived in Virginia there was a Five Guys next to the gym. I'd go do a workout then undo it by getting a burger. In my defense I wouldn't get the fries...

16. Turd_Ferguson

First time I got a 5 guys burger, it was to go. When I got home and seen all the extra fries, I was thinking...I'd fire that guys *** for dumping all those extra fries in there:D

17. 5 guys gave me 5 diarrheas before I left the mall where I ate it.

In and Out lived up to its name also.

Turd_Ferguson likes this.
  18. Turd_Ferguson

Not surprising since I think breathing air gives you at least 1 diarrhea...

19. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

So it was a good burger..

20. Really good..I didn't have to sit on the bench waiting for my wife to finish shopping..I was able to get in some game time on my phone without being bothered.