1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear God...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SoonerDomiNation, Jan 6, 2014.

1. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've been wondering about that, too. Next year, OU will have to continue to do the good things that continue to shut him up.

2. landrun

landrun Well-Known Member

Me too!

SEC stuff just won't stop! :cower:

3. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

OU should be really good next year and has a schedule to make a push for the conference title and one of the four playoff spots.

As for the SEC ... the run is over ... but I don't think the conference is "done," lol. Bama, Auburn, LSU ain't going away ... and who knows who may surprise like Auburn did this year. The book closes on the BCS era with the SEC claiming 9 titles out of 16 ... next best in Big-12 with 2 and ACC with 2.

We'll see how the playoff structure works ... it should be fun.

4. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Praise Jesus,OUr prayers have been answered.The AntiChrist.......I mean SEC has been beaten.

5. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

To be honest, ESPN's radio coverage was Mike Tirico w/ Todd Blackledge and Holly Rowe and Joe Schad on the sidelines, so technically they still had Holly Rowe also.

On a more serious note, I'd rather have Holly Rowe if it means getting Brad Nessler and Todd Blackledge calling the game instead of Brent Lushberger calling it.

6. SoonerBorn

SoonerBorn Member

I thought it was a penalty to not wear your mouthpiece? Then again, I thought it was a penalty to simultaneously horse collar and face mask someone, so what do I know?

7. Wondered if anyone else noticed that SoonerBorn

8. jiminy

jiminy Member

so, BCS this year...

ACC 2-0
    ucf's conference 1-0
    Big12 1-1 wtg baylor
    Big10 1-1
    Pac12 0-1
    SEC SEC SEC 0-2 0-2 0-2 yep great season y'all

9. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If you're S*C S*C S*C, ain't no big deal to do that stuff...as long as it isn't done to you and your team.

10. SoonerForLife92

SoonerForLife92 New Member

HA! Glad i'm not the only one who points this out.

Hate beating a dead horse but these refs did a terrible officiating job tonight. But FSU still won so hope the refs enjoy that karma.

11. OhU1

OhU1 New Member

It was hours to take! We was bigger than dis game! We show the haters.

12. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Another potentially big missed call by the refs was on that FSU interception. The player that intercepted fumbled the ball because he was tackled by a blatant leg whip. Fortunately, another FSU player recovered, but they should have gotten the 15 tacked onto the return. Had Auburn recovered, it would have been a huge screw job.

13. EatLeadCommie

EatLeadCommie New Member

I didn't notice that. I did notice, however, that FSU got flagged because a guy was talking trash back to the bench. Auburn scores, spikes the ball (penalty), then does a Heisman showoff pose for the camera (shouldn't be a penalty, but if you can't talk trash to the bench who has been talking trash at you, I don't see why you can't be flagged for posing). And on top of that, there was the blatant horsecollar on the long run that could've ended up being huge.

In the end, it all worked out, but those were curious officiating mistakes.

14. SoonerKnight

SoonerKnight Well-Known Member

Mistakes? Hmmmm... They may need to go back to officiating school!! Lol!! Were they Pac12 refs?? Cuz that would explain everything!

15. SoonerForLife92

SoonerForLife92 New Member

Exact same play, exact same player, commited a facemask while doing the horse collar. The refs were just disgusting in this game. How the hell do you miss TWO facemask with the zebra right there by the play each time

16. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

AJ's mother tweets it..

[h=1]AJ McCarron’s mother asks if Jameis Winston is speaking English during his postgame interview[/h]

17. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

Nobody said the SEC is going away but maybe a few more losses will tamper the completely over the top rhetoric.

As an example, how many times did they mention Missouri's defense was a big fast SEC defense during the Cotton Bowl. I suspect that was the same damn defense that would have played in the Big 12 yet you put a SEC label on it and all of a sudden the superlatives start flying. No idea why Fox guys seem to follow the ESPN company line. Ridiculous!

18. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

Yep he did both. Big miss by the officials.

And Auburn fans are complaining about officiating especially the holding call against them which was blatant. (Fans don't understand that grabbing the shirt with the arms between pads is done on every play and is never called. Extending arms to the side, wrapping around, or pulling when player is attempting to move away from blocker is called.)

19. TAFBSooner

TAFBSooner Well-Known Member

Our long national nightmare is over! :excitement:

20. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Hey come on. Their on-the-field officiating is just an extension of that "flexible" West Coast Lifestyle. Let's just say PAC 12 officials employ a broad interpretation of the rules.