1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fire Huepel!

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by OU_Sooners75, Oct 12, 2013.

1. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Should Stoops fire Heupel!

Eom

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  2. NorthernIowaSooner

NorthernIowaSooner New Member

Questionable playcalling all year. Really backfiring today. I'm not in favor of firing him but give Norvell some more control and see what happens.

3. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

I cannot imagine what Heup was thinking, going away from the 2 FB w/ Ford sets. Especially after that last 1st and 10 from the 11. Pass on 2nd and 3rd down? "Questionable" is a very kind way of putting it.

4. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yup we were running well ... and running well to the outside too.. Then got away from it quickly. I don't even know why we didn't try Knight for a few snaps running the zone read.

5. David Earl

David Earl Administrator

Dumb thread

Rogue likes this.
  6. David Earl

David Earl Administrator

I'll re-open on the idea this is a sarcastic thread.

Sarcastic away, you people.

7. OU_Sooners75

Huepel sucks and is in way over his head. He should never have been given the position he is in. I've thought this since he took over in 2010. And stick with it now.

I have even given the guy the benefit of the doubt on more than one occasion.

But he is quick to abandon what works.

8. OU_Sooners75

Please give us your wisdom.

You cannot tell me he is deserving of the position he is in when every 2 out of every 3 games he has a game plan that just sucks. He abandons what works too damn quickly.

Yes today OU got outplayed. But Huepel made our offense very predictable all game long.

9. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Let the flaming begin...how many dogs can people find to kick ???

10. Soonerus

Huepel played the hand he was dealt...

11. mhackl

mhackl New Member

Who you callin "you people"!?

12. Soonerus

i understand fully...

13. soonerloyal

soonerloyal New Member

Meh. I'm not nearly as upset as I would expect myself to be. A part of me isn't even surprised at all.

Damn. None of that was sarcastic, either. That sucks. :grumpy:

14. dossett5

dossett5 New Member

I don't feel Huepel is the problem. The problem lies with our offensive line can't can't stay with their blocks, the receivers won't block down field. The biggest problem is our d coordinator. Bob bringing in his brother because he can't keep a head coaching position. He ran off one of the best coordinators in College football.

15. OU_Sooners75

I'm not kicking any dogs. But what we have witnessed since Huepel has taken the reigns is poor play calling/strategy for the last 4 seasons (including this one).

I understand sometimes things just don't go right. However, one middle screen this game against a blitzing defense on third down, result 40 yards.

The power rushing was working. He abandoned it when we needed a score the most. Abandoned.

Just two deep balls. One was dropped. The other well defended. It was there had they called a couple more times. Abandoned.

One seam route by Millard. Abandoned.

The flares out of the backfield were available all game. Abandoned.

However a bunch of passes within 7 yards of the LOS. With virtually no YAC. Ran these plays all game.

Jet sweeps, very minimal gains, but one time. Kept doing it.

Run up the gut from a single back formation. Kept doing it.

Yes you got to mix it up. And not all plays are going to work. But when the defense is daring you to beat them with your arm, then get creative. Wheel routes would be awesome. Double moves by the WRs to get the DBs to bite. 10-15 yard slant passes.

My hats off to Texas for playing great and bringing things we haven't seen all year. But wow to OU!

16. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

I take it back. Clearly the guy who can't spell the coach's name is on a crusade. I assumed it was the new "fire vulnerables!!1" type thread.

17. Soonerus

Didn't most people think going into this season that because we are so young this was probably not "the year" ?

18. OU_Sooners75

Actually spelling it incorrectly on purpose.

Not really on a crusade. Just flat out sick of the **** poor game plans for the offense.

No zone reads. No run pass options. Stuff that Texas is weak against.

19. OU_Sooners75

I didn't think this year or next year is the year. But **** poor game plans and play calling is getting old.

20. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Most OC's I can watch call plays and get at least some sense of what they are trying to do; with Heupel too many times I get no sense that he really has a plan - much more along the lines of throwing various things against the wall. Problem is even when he sometimes finds something that sticks there's no surety that he'll come back to it.