1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cale Gundy

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by 8timechamps, Oct 9, 2013.

1. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I hope he lands Joe Mixon. That would be sweet. Hell, then we could just put KT in at QB and run the bone.

2. aj44mc

aj44mc Member

+ Moses Madu

3. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Tou can try to coach a back to be more patient but any coach will tell you it's hard to teach vision. That's more natural.

4. CobraKai

CobraKai New Member

Allen Patrick and Mossis Madu also had good careers, and both spent some time on NFL rosters.

5. PrideMom

PrideMom New Member

Cale Gundy was a QB, and even my husband asked why is he teaching the running backs. I said, because he can read defenses and can tell the running backs how to find the holes. Many asked why Josh was chosen over Cale as Offensive Coordinator, since Cale has been at OU longer and is older, but James Hale says that Cale LIKES what he is doing and doesn't want THAT headache. Not everyone wants the limelight, and many find out they really cannot handle it.

ouduckhunter likes this.
  6. cherokeebrewer

cherokeebrewer New Member

Cale does enjoy what he's doing and that's one of the keys to a longer and happier life.

ouduckhunter likes this.
  7. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Look at Cale's paycheck. There are no wolves at his door.
    And Allen Patrick saved us many times filling in for AD and Demarco.
    I still love that run he had at oSu in '06.

8. mhackl

mhackl New Member

Me too

9. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And get me a natty lite while you're at it...

10. Jason White's Third Knee

Jason White's Third Knee SoonerFans.com Elite Member

... blames it on the dog.

What?

11. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

It's not uncommon for guys to coach different positions (than what they played in college). BJW has coached just about every position group on our defense at times. Typically though, guys stay on the side of the ball they played.

I agree with Hale (wow...never thought I'd say that), I think Cale loves where he is and what he's doing. I don't think he has any interest in being a coordinator or head coach. Maybe someday, but not now.

12. 8timechamps

As all of my friends have learned at one point in their lives, asking me to bring them a beer works as well as asking me to give them money. That's to say, it never works.

13. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Pay Tention.
    He wernt axin He were TELLIN! Now hop to.

14. 8timechamps

Yeah, that doesn't work either. Although, if he asks enough, I may bring him an empty bottle.

15. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

:saturn:

16. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've heard on several occasions that Cale has not been interested in climbing the ladder. Enjoys what he is doing, and it fits with his family life. Obviously, he's seen exactly what kind of pressures and constraints exert themselves on coordinators, and has decided he doesn't want that.
    When his 40 year old brother flipped out on TV, Cale was probably chuckling to it around the dinner table with the family. I can relate.

Who knows, as his kids grow up, he may hanker for more responsibility, but I wouldn't blame him if he didn't.

17. cherokeebrewer

cherokeebrewer New Member

hops...I have hops.

18. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I have a feeling Mixon is a silent commit to OU. Just has to get his officials out of the way.

Why else hasn't Starks not committed yet? OU is the only school to have stuck by him since his dismal from Bishop Gorman.