1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who's going to Notre Dame and where are you staying?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Sooner24, Jun 17, 2013.

1. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

*****. I drive that far a couple times a week. Sheez.

2. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Going. Staying in LaPorte.

3. MI Sooner

MI Sooner New Member

To anyone who is making a long weekend of it, I'd highly recommend staying in St. Joseph, MI. Chicago is great, too. Northern Indiana is generally a ****-hole, although if you just want a place to lay your head, I'm sure it's fine. New Buffalo might be okay, too, but I've only driven past the multi-million dollar houses on the lake, and never spent much time in town.

St. Joseph is a small beach town with a downtown that sits on a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan. The public beach is a three block walk. That time of year, the water might even be warm enough to swim in.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    XingTheRubicon likes this.
  4. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I call stalemate. The Chicago 'burbs do seem to be closer to South Bend than Lafayette is. Daughter says Chi-town is 1.5-2 hours.
    Google shows Lafayette 91 miles from South Bend, yet shows drive time of 2hrs 20 min. Lots of 2 lane pokey roads up there.

5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Yea but I dont use a Tank of gas a month normally

6. olevetonahill

Lots of traffic. When I saw I'd need to go so close to Chicago I said **** it Went thru there back in 90 going to the Indy 500. Took for ever to get thru Chicago.

Plus I doubt I could stand all those dayum Yankees.

7. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

If you went through Chicago on your way to Indy from Oklahoma then I'm gonna start calling you Sicemonahill. Geographically challenged much? Heh.

Whet likes this.
  8. okiewaker

okiewaker New Member

Like to go but probly gonna skip this one. Hope all going has fun. Maybe as it gets closer i will change my mind.

9. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

more like vetfromthehilldrivingmildlydrunk

10. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Buying a house soon, not making any football related trips because of it :D

11. olevetonahill

Heh, I were In Minneapolis at the time :highly_amused:

12. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I always thought Portage Indiana was a nice, quaint town.

13. Phil

Phil Administrator Staff Member

Articles:
    Going, of course. Prolly staying in Chicago. Gotta secure a ticket, though - got denied by OU. Had plenty of points to get the , but apparently there was a cutoff for what you gave this year as well.

14. cleller

I know a real Catholic priest. Installing some defibrillators in his real Catholic church tomorrow. Surely that will put me on the high road to ND football tickets.
    Desperate times and all....

15. cleller

Another rotten thing up there:
    "no ethanol" is a term they have not only never heard of, but hyperventilate over. Ethanol is the govt's way of keeping the whole state fat and happy.

16. olevetonahill

If I went, I'd prolly go thru Crane where My sister lives , and Take her with me. Go on up thru Indy
    Or have her meet me in Indy. My niece lives there

17. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Going to a game in South Bend is a definite on my bucket list, and I can't imagine ever wanting to go see Notre Dame play anyone else, so I decided this could be the last time I get the chance to see the Sooners play the Irish in South Bend. It was kind of a "can't miss" in my book.

18. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't think i would enjoy being around all the domer fans that would be at the game. It was annoying even seeing them in Norman last year, and there weren't all that many there.

19. Chuck Bao

Chuck Bao SoonerFans.com Elite Member

My brother and I are currently planning to drive up. No idea yet how we'll get tix or our route up there or where we'll stay.

20. Sooner24

Sooner24 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

A lot of years have passed since we played there last but of all the true away games I have attended no where have I been treated better than South Bend.