1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here's some Hispanic criticism I just don't get.

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by cleller, Jun 13, 2013.

1. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

An 11 year old kid who had been on America's Got Talent sang the national anthem at the NBA finals game in San Antonio, his home town.

Apparently, because the kid was wearing a mariachi suit, there was an "uproar" on twitter. Probably just Yahoo News trying to make news instead of reporting it, but I don't see why anyone would object to this:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/sebastien-la-cruz-brushes-off-racism-185037234.html?vp=1

The young man is extremely well spoken, polite, mature, and talented. Its not like he was wearing some teeny-bopper saggin' crap. Heck, this is San Antonio.

2. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Just saw that. Hell the Kid did a Better job from what little I heard than Most of those ding bat Professional Singers.

What I read the Suit was in the Spurs Team colors .

3. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I didn't know Okie52 was on twitter.

4. okie52

okie52 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The kid sounded great juan.

Are you saying he's an illegal?

5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Well he does have "That" look.

6. SanJoaquinSooner

My understanding is that he was born in the U.S. which automatically makes him a United States Citizen. Do you have any problem with that?

7. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

From what I read (second hand), the twitter posters represented the racist element of the immigration 'debate'. They're in the category of 'Fools will always be with us' and are better ignored....which this kid and his family, to their credit, are doing.

8. sooner_born_1960

sooner_born_1960 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Why would anyone have a problem with that? That's what the constitution says.

9. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I went to a Spurs game once. They had mariachis dressed in black, white and silver by one of the entrances playing before the game, and they came out during the game and did a short performance during a timeout in the first half. It went something like this:

Lady singer: Spanish words... Spanish words... more Spanish words... (song ends, directly into the microphone) GO SPURS GO!

I don't remember any of the other halftime things from that game, that's how awesome the singer and the rest of the mariachis were :)

10. okie52

Happy to hear he is a citizen and looks to have a future of being a high tax revenue generator...

11. SanJoaquinSooner

Who knows Okie, he might grow up to be a pub.

12. okie52

Odds are about 30%...

13. KABOOKIE

KABOOKIE SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We all know liberals create fake accounts and blast twitter, Facebook and all the comments section of news articles with outlandish racist behavior just to keep up the perception that this country is terrible. Haters.

14. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

There's some of that, but I don't think it's that common. The few instances make worldwide headlines, though

15. KantoSooner

Kabookie, it's so hard to believe that people hold these opinions? **** Fahr, boy, I hear such conversation in most of the bars I frequent. What's harder to believe is that the people holding and expressing those opinions can actually type and navigate their way around a computer.

16. SanJoaquinSooner

That is my theory about okie52 - he is a liberal creation to help turn people off to the GOP.

17. okie52

Gee, juan, I hope I haven't offended you or your family. You've already said you are against illegal immigration so we must be on the same page....Hallelujah!!!!

18. KABOOKIE

KABOOKIE SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That's not what I'm saying. However, your last sentence seems to support my theory.

19. KantoSooner

Kabookie,
    Now for an interesting thought (to me, at least). If people exist who hold these stupid thoughts but don't post them, and if there are people who are posting the thoughts but don't believe them themselves, and if all the people involved are anonymous, then are we out of place to criticize the thoughts?

Clearly the lying posters are guilty of more than simply bad thoughts, but the thoughts themselves are actually held, somewhere.

I'm getting a serioius Leibniz vibe. At least I think it was Leibniz. Maybe it was someone else. But if we don't remember, does it really matter?

Damn monads.