1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idiot Alert: Chicago Public Schools

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by ouwasp, Apr 23, 2013.

1. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Just wait girl. When she's about 16 you're gonna beg her to run into the street with scissors in her mouth. You'll see.

2. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

lol, NO $HIT.... I do understand my 17 yr old boy is trying to spread his wings, I might just give him a kick start out of the nest~

3. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

yup, Ya got to love the idealistic Protectiveness of the "New" mommy.
    While sitting back in the Realness of a grandparent whos been there done that.

4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Didn't you only have boys to worry about? I hear that its easier for boy parents when they're older, but harder for girl parents when they're older.

5. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

They're all hard. Boys, girls, hermaphrodytes, troglodytes, congolese, japanese, whatever.

For me, I'm pretty much happy I had all boys. A nightmare I just couldn't fathom is "daddy, I want you to meet Achmed/Tyrone/Alberto/Josh. I love him daddy and wanna have all his babies!"

6. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

My little girll (21 now) and I got along pretty well fine. My guidance to her? "Don't bring anything home and don't get caught", served her well.
    Her realtions with her mother between the ages of 15 and present, however....

7. Whet

Whet Well-Known Member

It was a pocketknife that was the issue.

8. badger

Ah, that makes far more sense now. Leave it to drudge and the Internet to make this a "garden tool" issue, lol.

And for the record, I know that I am being 100 percent silly in being overly worried about baby baj's and other children's safety now. I get it! I know it! I'm being a silly motherly mother now! Weird sh!t happens when you go through that whole carrying/birthing/recovering/etc process.

9. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

Well, the headline Teacher Suspended For Demonstrating Pocket Knife is only slightly less absurd than the garden tool angle...

Still think this would have been best handled in a low-key manner. Badger, you shoulda seen my Dad when my twins were born 20 yrs ago! he suddenly became the most safety conscious 62 yr old ever. My attitude toward his attitude waffled between being exasperated or humorous, knowing how hands off he'd been when I was a kid.

10. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Look man, you SWORE.

Seems like I'm remember something about an awkward girl with a piccolo....

11. badger

Did he also say funny things that older men typically don't say? When my mom was knitting a Christening gown for baby baj, dad apparently told her that the yarn wasn't soft enough. So, he went to the yarn shop with mom to find yarn soft enough for baby baj.

He also outta nowhere suggested that he needed to get a suit for my wedding, which was something completely unheard of for him :D

12. Soonerjeepman

no $hit..my daughter and her mom...wow~ and my gf has a 15 yr old...great kid..trying to tell her mom to ease up a bit, lol.

13. Soonerjeepman

we had a kid "accidentally" bring a little pocket knife, lied about it..had it in his sock or somewhere when searched...said he left it on the bus. Then his social worker showed up, she found it in his backpack which was thoroughly searched. Principal did nothing..which honestly, I don't agree with because of the lying and hiding. He is a 1st grader. His background is not good, so having no consequences is not a good thing.

According to school rules, should have been suspended.

14. CobraKai

CobraKai New Member

How many days would you get suspended for allowing a sharpened pencil in school? Think how dangerous that could be.

15. olevetonahill

Ya never had Pencil fights when ya was in skool?

16. olevetonahill

Oh and who here hasn't played Mumbletypeg?

17. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

18. olevetonahill

19. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is it any wonder the schools are a screwed up mess? You start with half the kids being a screwed up mess from their unstable families, then add (sometimes) idiotic whacko administrators, and...no surprise.

20. KABOOKIE

KABOOKIE SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah nobody knew coffee was hot before that!

but, but her injuries were sevre! - Emotion.