1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuberville get's a new quarterback, guess who?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Mazeppa, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

Former Notre Dame QB Gunner Kiel transfers to Cincinnati
    By Graham Watson

Former Notre Dame quarterback and five-star recruit Gunner Kiel has found a new home – Cincinnati.
    Kiel, who recently visited Cincinnati, also had looked at Ball State, Miami-Ohio and was considering Mississippi, Mississippi State and Kansas State.
    [Also: Colorado QB Jordan Webb suffers torn ACL, will miss 2013 season]Kiel left Notre Dame after failing to play this past season. Even though coach Brian Kelly told Kiel he’d have an opportunity to compete for the starting role this spring, Kiel decided a change of environment was in his best interest."Cincinnati was the best fit for me because the relationship I have with [quarterbacks] coach [Darin] Hinshaw is like nothing else. He is a great overall person and is someone I know I can get coached by," Kiel told ESPN. "The group of guys I'm going to be around is second to none. I love where they are heading and the future is bright."
    This is a big recruiting coup for new Cincinnati coach Tommy Tuberville, who is trying to transition the Bearcats to a more pro-style offense. Kiel will have to sit out the 2013 season, but will have three years of eligibility remaining. That works out perfectly considering the Bearcats have two senior quarterbacks in Munchie Legaux and Brendon Kay.

2. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

Poor guy!

3. BajaOklahoma

BajaOklahoma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Which one?

4. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If Kiel can go to maybe 5 different colleges, and never play a down, won't that establish some kind of a record for a scholarship quarterback??

5. VA Sooner

VA Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So called 5-star QB who can't make a decision.

6. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

So he's gong to get sacked a lot, you say?

7. BillyBall

BillyBall Well-Known Member

A poor mans Jeff George.

8. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Here I was thinking it's Nick Montana all over again.

9. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I thought this was about Drew. :(

10. SoonerNomad

SoonerNomad New Member

He hasn't shown up yet!