1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We were just lucky against OSU

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Widescreen, Nov 27, 2012.

1. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's curious that Randle, a guy who was supposed to be the big hammer for his team and ended up failing utterly on a very personal level, now lays off the result of the game to supernatural causes.

Yo, Randle! You never pulled your thumb out of your ***. Go figure on that.

2. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The TD pass at the end of the first half to Stills had an element of luck. But that was after OSU got a bit lucky on the 3rd down conversion by Josh Stewart.

This game wasn't won on luck. It was won on execution. Five times OSU's offense gave them a lead in this game. Five times, OSU's defense coughed it up.

Deal, Randle.

3. tycat947

tycat947 New Member

A LosuR!

4. redkid

redkid New Member

gramps always said good fortune follows good people and turns its back on evil

5. Pricetag

Pricetag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Baylor is going to butt whoop on them if they don't get their heads right.

6. soonerinabilene

soonerinabilene Fish Sticks

I don't get the whole "We celebrated so much because we thought we would lose" arguement. I read that on gopokes and orangepower, too. We celebrated because it was a walkoff win. If Jeter hits a walkoff homer in the bottom of the 10th against the Royals, the Yankees still rush the field and mob him on the trip from 3rd to home, even though it was against a crappy team they know they should beat every time. That's the beauty of a walloff win.

picasso likes this.
  7. redkid

redkid New Member

true,,I see a high scoring game,and OSU defense will not be able to stop the scoring of Baylor,,I forsee the fighting briles to put a whipping on them

8. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

Is that the slogan for losers this year? It is what it is?

9. There was a pretty big celebration when we beat baylor in OT back in what..06..

10. SoonerInLubbock

SoonerInLubbock New Member

I watched the Gundy presser and he seemed to have handled it with class, he really is a likable guy. But as for the rest of the staff and players it seems like business as usual...and by that I mean aggie.

11. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

I think there's a Trim Carpenter and a female Reporter that will disagree with ya on the Likable part

12. sooneredaco

sooneredaco New Member

That's rare...

13. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

2005. Bomar was the QB.

14. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

To a certain extent, we were lucky. But it wasn't the deciding factor in the game. They were also lucky...rewatching the game last night, I saw a good six plays where we had a guy dead to rights in the backfield or for a short gain. We could've snuffed out some drives early. Some normally sure tacklers missed or overran the play. So is it luck or skill?

15. PrideMom

PrideMom New Member

Why are we concerned about what the Aggies think after OU won the game. For that matter why do we care at any time?

16. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Cause they AINT a Rival
    Pay Tention

17. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

Dear Joseph Randle and Josh Stewart,

Sincerely,

Steve Taylor, NU '87

Seamus likes this.
  18. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

You make your own luck.

I don't really get the big deal about the post game celebration either. Not only was it an OT win, it was the last home game of the year for a lot of seniors. Not really hard to explain the celebration.

19. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

The most laughable part is how insulted they are that we would have the nerve to celebrate... a mere one season removed from them trampling all over themselves rushing the field to tear down their own goalposts. They are idiots. Period.

CatfishSooner likes this.
  20. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Winning is good. Celebration is good. Luck is good (unless it's bad :D). Where's the insult here?