1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ringtone Question

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by SicEmBaylor, Nov 19, 2012.

1. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

There is an iOS version of Garage Band now, right?

I'm an Android man, so it isn't quite that easy but I use Audacity to cut whatever I want down to a 40 second clip.

I used to take the time to set unique ringtones for everyone, but I just don't have that kind of patience. The only person who has their own ringtone is SicEmEx which is Bittersweet Symphony.

My last ringtone for years was the lyrical portion of this:
    [video=youtube;MgVyJjzD_-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgVyJjzD_-4[/video]

I also had this one for a very long time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHU7IhAAP_s

2. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

So you've gotta be a geek to have a custom ringtone? WTF?

3. My ringtone is Bob Barry calling a touchdown pass from Sam Bradford to Jermaine Gresham.

4. sas

sas New Member

I have an app that crops the sound segment you want and then you just tell it you want to use it as a ringtone.

Screw apple, iTunes and complicated crap.

5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

When I got my new phone last year , They did all changing over my phone numbers deal, I then told em Cool NOW put me a Boomer Sooner ring tone. Wernt hard at all.

6. WA. Sooner

WA. Sooner Well-Known Member

Boomer Sooner!

7. 1890MilesToNorman

1890MilesToNorman New Member

Margaritaville

I asked for a Sooner ringtone and got my *** handed to me. :numbness:

8. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

Theme from Magnum PI (Due to my stache and it being Movember) for most peeps
    Alarm - wife
    Sci Fi - Dad
    Blues- Mom
    Dog Barking - My buddy from OU

The RMaker App is the way to go.

9. soonerboomer93

soonerboomer93 Dirty bastard

Genereal - Where is my mind
    Co-Workers - Here come the bastards

I generally leave my phone on vibrate though.
    I use iTunes to make the ring tones, it really wasn't that difficult.

10. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Look. IDGAF what your ringtone is. I want to know how to put one on my ****ing iphone. Capice? Without bells and whistles and magical chantings and ****.

11. olevetonahill

Ya ****in Neanderthal, Its easy Peasy
    Just swing by the ****in Store and tell the Nerds I said to put ya one on .
    YWIA

12. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

My ringtone is whatever the factory set when it was manufactured. It sounds like a telephone. My main thoughts on the ringtone is hoping to hear it as little as possible.

13. olevetonahill

Put it on Vibrate and leave it under a Pillow, Works great

14. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

Dean I have a Boomer Sooner ringtone that will work on an iphone. I can email it to you, and then when you sync up your iphone to itunes just drag the file over to the tones section.

15. olevetonahill

Thats too Nerdy fer him, Can ya make it simpler? Ya know Like drive down and put it on his phone FOR HIM?

16. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

Y'know if he lived closer I would do that. :)

17. olevetonahill

Glenpool aint all that far from Purcell. Maybe we can find some one Smart that lives close enough to him and Likes his grumpy old *** to do it for him.
    That is if he cant take it to the Phone store himself and get it done :glee:

18. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Sound of my Harley's Vance and Hines

19. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

If you want simple, then the best thing to do is pay a buck for one on your phone and it should have an option to set it as your ringtone. I don't know how all of that works on Apple, but it should be as simple as that. Otherwise, ask one of your boys to do it.

20. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ringtone-maker-make-free-ringtones/id390929278?mt=8

This what Jon was talking about. It really isn't that hard and as long as you have a song in your phone's itunes, it will take it and cut it down to 30 sec or so. It will load it into an email whereby you send it to yourself. Open said email on whatever computer the phone is sync'd to and double click the file. It will load automatically into itunes. Sync phone, but remember to check the box next to the ringtone so it is loaded onto your phone. I have it, it's a MINOR PITA, but it works and it's free, as are the songs...
    As long as you are near your computer, you will have the ringtone in 5 min or less.