1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You think Okie St can beat the whorns on Saturday ?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by JLEW1818, Sep 24, 2012.

1. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

Whorns aren't as overrated as we were, but they are certainly over rated.

I would bet the pokies at +1, and I'll take'em in a heart beat since they are getting points now.

2. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think the orange aggy will win.

3. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

If the earth opens up and swallows up both teams and that tighty-whities skidmark of a school all of humanity wins.

4. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

OSU may have another high-powered offense this year; but they're no MNC threat. I want Tejas out of it ASAP. :D

5. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

Yes, I feel the same way usually, but wouldn't it be fun to beat an undefeated texass in Dallas?

6. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

Yeah... but we played that scenario with OSU and Iowa State last year. Thinking we'd beat somebody if they were undefeated... meh.

On a side note... Old Man Weeden just gave Baltimore the game purdy much. :D

7. BigTip

BigTip Well-Known Member

Colt! Colt! Colt!

lol

8. LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe New Member

Hate to say it, but I think Saxet wins by at least two TDs
    The pokes lost too many key players

9. NYC Poke

NYC Poke New Member

Vet, does it bother you that I just heard James McNurty's song "Choctaw Bingo" for the first time a couple of days ago and somehow thought of you? I'd smiley here to let you know I'm kidding, but the smilies here suck now.

I'm still down in East Texas dealing with my bro's cancer and stuff. I got signed up with a band at the Cowboy Church on account of me knowing how to play guitar, and I got signed up at for the Arena Team at the Cowboy Church on account of me having a horse, and I'm not going to be able to watch the game Saturday because I'll be at Sorting and Penning practice.

Once an Ag, always and Ag, I guess.

It's a bit different from NYC.

Chuck Bao likes this.
  10. NYC Poke

NYC Poke New Member

Funny. Seriously.

Weeden's struggling and Bradford is struggling and given the teams they play for, any QB would struggle. I want nothing but the best for both of these overlooked Oklahomans and think they both can succeed if either could figure out a way to make their receivers catch a ball.

11. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Heh, I bet it is a **** ton different than NYC :highly_amused:
    Hell Dont nuthin much bother me anymore, Sides Dont reckon Ive heard it yet.

Dont forget to drop in from time to time at the Hideout, Yer still the only one authorised to use orange there :very_drunk:

NYC Poke likes this.
  12. 5noubus

5noubus New Member

Who do we need to win? Which one benefits is the most?
    I want to see OSU beaten but they already have one loss.
    I think if OSU beats up on Texas it might shake their confidence and benefit us.

13. Mississippi Sooner

Mississippi Sooner New Member

Choctaw Bingo by James McMurtry might be the finest song ever written about the rednecks of southern Oklahoma/north Texas. Definitely worth finding.

14. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

You are a man of few words these days. :D

15. NYC Poke

NYC Poke New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TSaqMyPwBM&feature=related

The meth part doesn't really apply, but the part about making whiskey seems to ring a bell.

BTW, for those unfamiliar, James McMurtry is the son of Larry McMurtry, the dude who wrote Lonesome Dove.

16. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Heh, I looked it up on UToob , dint listen all the way thru , But caught yer meaning

I still know how, Just dont anymore because of all the Haters here anymore, That and Dean dont do the TGs anymore

17. NYC Poke

NYC Poke New Member

I posted another version of it over on the shack where it's just him and a guitar (and a roomful of dorks). It's worth a listen the whole way through.

I also probably pissed off sunny.

18. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Things will turn to normal, and Bevo will dispatch the candycorn orange pistoleros.

19. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That would be the only silver lining to that ominous cloud up in the Stool

20. NYC Poke

NYC Poke New Member

I really wish I could have been around more last season to watch your head spin around.