1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Healthy Eating

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by 8timechamps, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

Screw that. Great-grandma ate lutefisk regularly. What she considered food doesn't rate around here.

2. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

Sooner Born Sooner Bred SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm sure my Granny ate lots of livers and gizzards too, but she sure as **** wouldn't know what "gogurt" was.

3. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Week one check in -

In theory, I'd like to go all organic, just to see how I felt after a month...in reality, that's almost impossible given my daily schedule. So, I have reduced my organic intake to any fruits/veggies I eat at home, and the same for beef/chicken. However, I only eat at home once in a while, or if the gf decides to come over and cook. Which is rare.

What I've focused more on is lean protein and more fruits/veggies. Trying to stay away from any processed foods and have completed my first week of really exercising.

This week, I went cardio Monday, upper body weight training Tuesday, cardio Wednesday, Legs/back weight training Thursday, cardio Friday....yesterday, I was so sore I worked out my upper body as much as I could and worked in more cardio. Today, I was so sore I walked like a 90 year old man...so I took the day off. Tomorrow I'll start again.

Weight loss isn't an issue for me, although I could drop 5 or 10 pounds and be fine. But, I did notice today that my energy level is better than it was a week ago...maybe not a ton better, but enough to notice.

So far, so good....one week down, the rest of my life to go.

4. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sounds like a damn good start.