1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Reccomendations

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by 8timechamps, Feb 29, 2012.

1. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Lately, I've started watching movies that aren't in the spotlight (I don't know if they'd be considered "B movies"), and there have been some pretty good ones. Recently, I watched a movie with John C. Reilly and Sean William Scott (Stiffler, American Pie) called The Promotion. While both of these actors are pretty well known, I had never heard of the movie (maybe it's just me, and maybe it was a highly promoted movie, and I missed it). It was actually a pretty good movie, and surprisingly a serious role for Sean William Scott (and he did a pretty good job).

What have you guys seen lately that's not been very publicized that might be worth a rent?

2. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Stiffler is doing a lot of movies. He was on Jimmy Fallon the other night talking about a new movie and that they were getting all the American Pie cast back together. I think the movie is called "Goons" and is about hockey.

[video=youtube;hsujiMaexyE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsujiMaexyE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

3. 8timechamps

I saw that was available (pre-theatrical release) on demand. Looks decent.

4. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

5. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Is that about some Spanish border jumper? :D ;)

6. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

That looks pretty different Juan.

The Station Agent is a 2003 American comedy-drama film written and directed by Thomas McCarthy. McCarthy's script about a man who seeks solitude in an abandoned train station in Newfoundland, New Jersey won him the Independent Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay.

7. SanJoaquinSooner

a good under-the-radar flick

8. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Masterpiece.

I was amazed I simply lucked onto this one:

[​IMG]

G
    ood, entertaining flick:

[​IMG]

A
    bsolute pure ****ing hilarious genius, from the guy who just won Best Actor for his work on The Artist:

[​IMG]

^
    ^This is Archer, without the animation.^^

9. MsProudSooner

MsProudSooner New Member

I recently watched "Bottle Shock" on Netflix. I choose it because I'll watch just about any move that has Alan Rickman in the cast. "Bottle Shock" is the story of the early days of California wine making featuring the now infamous, blind Paris wine tasting of 1976 that has come to be known as "Judgment of Paris".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914797/

10. GDC

GDC New Member

[youtube]cD0gm7dHKKc[/youtube]

11. jumperstop

jumperstop New Member

Kinda gay romantic comedy, Midnight In Paris was a good one and although not a "b" movie I don't think it was as well known. I also saw 50/50 as well, that sad movie about cancer. Both were pretty good.

12. 8timechamps

I think you and I may have the same taste. I'm all over this one.

13. SanJoaquinSooner

Get with the program, jumper.

Midnight in Paris was an Oscar nomination for Best Picture and won Best Original Screenplay (Woody Allen). It had three well-known stars, Rachel McAdams, Owen Wilson, and Kathy Bates. And one more, Marion Cotillard, who won Best Actress in 2007.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sh...my-Awards***&p=3456363&viewfull=1#post3456363

14. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I made a movie called "Boner Jams '03." It's just some clips I was really into in the summer of 2003.

12, IBleedCrimson and 8timechamps like this.
  15. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

By the way. I watched the original Ocean's Eleven a few weeks ago. It's ten times better than the remake.

16. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Man of the Century from 1999 was a strange and funny movie. Hard to classify
    [​IMG]

17. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Behind the Green Door.

18. jumperstop

jumperstop New Member

I watch whatever my gf brings home and that isn't a lot of movies. All I know is that I hadn't heard of it when I saw it. The oscars are lame these days too. 4 hours of boring to find out best picture, director, actor, and actress. All of which, everyone already probably expected. I spent the evening watching Durant throw down 36 in the All-Star game...

It was a movie recomendation though....and it still was a good movie.

19. IB4OU2

IB4OU2 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

20. kbsooner21

kbsooner21 New Member

Mr. Brooks is a good flick