1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cassanova McKinzy spurned Clemson because he missed the Chick-fil-A

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SoCal, Feb 2, 2012.

1. SoCal

SoCal Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...d-clemson-because-didn-t-chick-015506961.html

Watch the Cassanova McKinzy video and tell me he won't struggle academically. Dude's mom had to prompt him on what to say and do.

Video...http://www.barstoolsports.com/barst...ay-because-they-have-a-chick-fil-a-on-campus/

What's really important to a college football athlete when choosing the right school? Location, academics, the ability to start early?

How about a school's proximity to Chick-fil-A?

That's apparently what swayed Birmingham, Ala., linebacker Cassanova McKinzy from Clemson to Auburn. When McKinzy visited the Clemson campus, there was no Chick-fil-A in sight, and that just wasn't acceptable.

"[It was] kind of the environment and plus they had no Chick-fil-A on campus," McKinzy said when asked why he didn't choose Clemson (scroll ahead to the 1:30 mark in the video). "You had to go like, probably like 15 minutes off campus to go to like a real restaurant. Their café was kind of small."

Never mind that there is a Chick-fil-A on Clemson's campus. Clearly this crucial fact was not highlighted on McKinzy's visit. And if you've ever been to a Chick-fil-A, you can sympathize with McKinzy. There's no better way to start a morning than with a spicy chicken biscuit and no better way to settle into an evening of studying than with some waffle fries.

I had never tasted Chick-fil-A before attending college and I can honestly say it was one of the reasons why I stayed.

Of course, McKinzy goes on to say something about the Clemson facilities being too far away from the classes and dorms, but we know the perceived absence of Chick-fil-A was the real reason for him choosing Auburn.

Perhaps whoever McKinzy's hosts were at Clemson took him to the wrong part of campus.

2. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I do love some Chik-fil-a!

Seems like a good kid, just maybe a strange thing to mention.

What freaked me out was the helmet balloon at the start of the video...at first I thought it was his little brother, or some kid standing there...with an Auburn helmet and a plastic bag on his head.

3. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

He's going to the barn to play for Troopa Taylor...what did you expect?

4. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

If you plan on living somewhere for four years and you have options, make the best choice. I know I want to live near a Whataburger and my new house is actually closer than my old house. Not necessary, but important. Of course I also have a car.

5. The Maestro

The Maestro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well, I for one think the guy sounds like a raging fool. If it was my kid I would be ashamed of him for saying something so moronic.

6. rekamrettuB

rekamrettuB New Member

It's just payback for them naming him Cassanova.

7. texas bandman

texas bandman Well-Known Member

mmm.....Chick-fil-A...it was certainly an important factor in my selection of a college.

8. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I wonder if he wasn't just joking... but I didn't see the video.

Insert joke about him turning into an Auburn moo-cow that says "eat mor chikn"

9. PDXsooner

PDXsooner Formerly OregonSooner

Lay off the kid. Most people interviewed at 18 sound like idiots anyways. If you hear an 18 year old reveal any type of introspection or self reflection it's a total surprise.

I'd like to see an interview with some of you guys at 18. Every time I've watched video of myself at that age I do something embarrassing...

10. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I miss Chick-fil A too. Yumm!!

5-0

11. budbarrybob

budbarrybob New Member

Really?? Don't you think that you could get a piece of fried chicken about every block in the deep south???

12. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I've had...
    these are all first names

Mister
    Mercedes
    Porsche
    Lemonjello
    Orangello
    Precious Princess (yes we had to use those names together)
    Prince Romello (yes again HAD to use both name via mom's orders)

just to name a few...

13. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

A Norman gameday tradition for us is "Victory Canes," as in Rasin' Canes next to McDonalds and Rusty's on Jenkins. :)

Seriously, if you've never tried Raisin' Canes, you're missing out.

And if I ever accumulated enough money to do so, I'd open a branch in Tulsa just so that I wouldn't have to wait for OU football postgame to eat there. Best chicken finger sauce EVER.

14. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Everybody knows Taco Bell is most important to REAL football players.Obviously this kid is second rate. :)

15. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

Chick Fil A is horribly horribly overrated. Its sole virtue in existence is nothing on the menu is over 500 calories. Other than that...blah.

16. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

The one here in Norman is the only one in Oklahoma -- was surprised when I went on their site to register my card to get a free Box Combo and then earn points. Stop there after home games. Still remember when we beat Tech to go to the Big 12 and Rasin' Canes stayed open until they had served every last customer. Took forever to get through the drive-thru -- love their chicken fingers -- much better than Chick-fil-A IMHO!

17. starclassic tama

starclassic tama New Member

that's fair

18. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Somewhere in the Soonerfans.com history books (many years ago), I posted a thread on the South Oval about twins I went to school with that had the names Orangejello and Lemonjello. Over the years, I've hear jokes about it, but in my case, it was very real...and unbelievable. I'm too lazy to search the forums, and it's probably so old that it's long gone anyway.

19. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

What he meant to say was "There's no Chick-fil-a owned by Bobby Lowder on Clemson's campus, so the nuggets don't come wrapped in hundreds."

20. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

I expected him to sound really bad, but he sounds like most teens out there who have no regard for knowledge, and academia in general.