1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big loss for us, GREAT move for Brent if he gets the Clemson DC job...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by soonerboy_odanorth, Jan 15, 2012.

1. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

Their OC just landed a contract for $1.3 mil samoleans. If Brent comes up to about that $1 mil range that would effectively double his salary and give him 100% control... NICE!

Regarding our recruiting this year, we should be ok with our offensive targets... but defensively I wonder if we don't lose a couple more. Eric Striker, LB out of FL, and Charles Tapper, DE out of MD, would be of particular concern. I would not be surprised in the least if they followed Brent to Clemson. On the positive side of it maybe that will clue in the cabal that wanted the coup as to what it means to lose a really good coach.

Having said that... replacements? Did I read that if there were to be an opening Randy Shannon expressed interest? Or was that just message board rumor mill? It would be pretty exciting to bring him in. Definitely would keep a pipeline open to FL prospects. Rumor has it he can coach a lil' LB, too.

2. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

You're the one saying Brent is gone. Post the links. It's not like if you read a few of them that have been posted that the answer isn't in them.

3. soonerboy_odanorth

I said nothing of the sort. Now you are just making **** up. The post title includes a very important word- "IF". Do I need to pepper every ****ing sentence with it to get it through to the simpletons that this is speculation or suppostition? (Which I'll add... Isn't that kind of the fun of a message board? Or do you come here for your source of truth? Maybe you need to re-evaluate.)

And in the last paragraph I am doing nothing but asking a question. I thought I read it somewhere... yes I am too lazy to go searching right now... and no, there is no hidden meaning. They are ****ing questions. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you have a problem with it, look in the mirror to find the source of your issues.

4. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'll be shocked if Brent leaves for any asst coaching gig much less Clemson.

5. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Clemson sure seems like he headed back to Norman to pack his bags and tell his Wife to call Mayflower......lol

Also to tell Bob that he got outbid by some guy named Dabo....LMAO

6. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

7. CowboyMRW

CowboyMRW Wrestling is OSU

What went down with Dabo and Alabama? I was reading a few boards that was saying that Bama fans absolutely loathe him.

8. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

probably because he hired kevin steele (who is now out of the job) away from them

9. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

Great move? I don't know what Clemson is offering but it seems the OU "good will" (despite the SF negs) might be worth more than the difference in the long haul. Clemson has been a turnstile for a while now. I don't know, pocket the $250k for a couple of years and become an ESPN analyst if things don't work out? After all, there is only one Clemson!

10. soonerboy_odanorth

Heh. Well played, sir, well played.

11. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Just the amount of money that Clemson is trying to juggle to outbid Bob for Brent and then also payout the last guys salary to boot makes me think that Brent would only take that job unless the money is over $750,000 towards a Million.

No idea how deep our pockets are but I'd bet deeper than some BV Haters think.

12. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Swinney played ball at Bama, and was also a GA there.

I like the guy. Reminds me some of Bob Stoops circa 1999.

13. ictsooner7

ictsooner7 New Member

Big loss for us? He gave up OU single game records for yardage TWICE this year.

14. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

The flight from Clemson to OKC has been taken off the board after it was delayed for whatever reason. Maybe he did go to the basketball game.

15. Stooper

Stooper New Member

Taken off what board?

16. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Sittler's Board....lol

[​IMG]

17. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Did he really? How many times did he get burned over the top? How many times did he make crappy arm tackles? Sheez, some of y'all are ****ing idiots.

18. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

The flight tracker board -- plane was listed to arrive at 7:30 in OKC but then it was delayed at Clemson and then totally removed.

This is the new tweet from Blevins as I knew you all couldn't wait to see it :):

DeanBlevins Dean Blevins
    Re #OU & Venables--Getting new info around 8...will post but have everything on @News9Sport - The Blitz tonight at 10:30--on time tonight!

19. cccasooner2

cccasooner2 New Member

Packers got you upset? You closed a post I was trying to set the record straight and make sure OU would never lose another game. OK, I'll save it for another year.

20. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Sounds like Clemson got that flight cancelled and are gonna hold Brent Hostage now....lol