1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did ESPN Unplug Bob's Post Game Interview....

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by StoopTroup, Dec 31, 2011.

1. boomerinhou

boomerinhou New Member

This normally happens when you play in a second-tier bowl. All of the good TV sports staff, production and equipment are reserved for the first-tier bowls and MNC game.

:(

2. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

they're hauling the same **** they used last night to the Fiesta Bowl.

3. boomerinhou

boomerinhou New Member

Good. Maybe the skycam will fall on T-Boone...lol...

4. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I'd almost agree with you but ESPN has damn near monopolized all the Bowl Games. You used to see a hell of a lot more of these on ABC, CBS and NBC.

The Majors don't seem to be interested in getting into a Bidding War with ESPN. ESPN has become College Football. I don't know if you've noticed but that whole ESPN GameDay Show is about the only place they talk College Football anymore....

5. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Thanks. I'm glad you like it.

I don't think there was any conspiracy but there sure has been a bunch of screw ups in all these Games. Like folks are saying....it might be one or two particular Crews that are really a problem. Just like some of these Teams.....the intensity of the Crews may be due to the number of Folks viewing but I would hate to think my Last Game of the night Crew was blowing up the coverage vs maybe the 1st Game of the Day Bowl. I would think it's how some of these Producers lose their jobs at ESPN.

6. Sooner70

Sooner70 Active Member

ESPN seemed to have technical problems all nite. There was some other stuff that went on that indicated they didn't have it all together during that game. I'm wondering if that camera cable was bailing wired together before the game. The FAA will probably investigate.

7. budbarrybob

budbarrybob New Member

I just loved how they dragged the poor camera off the field. Like pulling in a lure full of moss. Then the tech guy having a bad time talking to his crew and picking up the camera haha

8. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Simile greatness.

9. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

As another poster pointed out, ESPN has a lock on bowl games, or at least it seems so, with the only ones not shown being the games where there is a schedule conflict. Perhaps a root cause of the technical problems is that they simply don't have the manpower to do it at the level of competence we take for granted when watching a game. If ESPN is forced to hire temps to pick up the slack because their regular crews are stretched thin, it would explain the rash of technical issues.

10. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Between their ESPN/ABC commitments every season they are probably broadcasting fewer games during the bowl season (and D-IAA, D-II and D-III playoffs) than they are during a similar time period during the season since usually they have a max of four games on any one bowl day and since they pretty much broadcast games every night of the week during the season. If anyone has the resources available, it is ESPN/Disney.

11. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

and they suck at it!

12. Sooner47

Sooner47 New Member

I did see several black helicopters circling the stadium and I could have sworn Ron Paul was piloting one of them. Whoever it was, he was wearing a tin-foil hat.