1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ya can Unstick the Prayer thread Our Brother Passed away

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by olevetonahill, Dec 23, 2011.

1. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Thats what I did Bro
    Put on my latest Ho-Down shirt and went for a drive

2. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I always enjoyed his comments on religion threads and discussing that in pms. He didn't judge folks and he knew where he was going. RIP AlbqSooner.

3. I Am Right

I Am Right New Member

Sorry, griefs a stone cold bitch

4. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

5. CrimsonJim

CrimsonJim Well-Known Member

Same here. I had to have some alone time today to reflect on losing such a good friend. For no more than I was around him, he really left an impression in my life. I have never met a more caring individual. He loved life, family and his Sooner friends. He will be greatly missed. Rest well, Brother.

6. SCOUT

SCOUT SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I am sorry to hear that he has passed away. He sounds like he was an amazing person.

7. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

8. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

Good poster and a believer. Will see him again one day.

Peach Fuzz likes this.
  9. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bill was truly a good dude, got to hang out at Vets place with him twice as well as a few tailgates. He had stories for the ages, the guy lived life and then lived a better one. He was always soft spoken but you listened, very kind and funny. God Bless friend

10. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

:(

Sorry to hear this. It sucks.

11. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

:( I had hoped to meet him. Clearly, one hell of a good guy. Sorry Vet, and the rest of you who got to really know him.

12. Chuck Bao

Chuck Bao SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I’m terribly saddened by this news. The world lost a great guy today.

AlbqSooner made friends, whether in person or on an anonymous message board, because that was in his character. I feel lucky to have met him here at SF.

Like others have mentioned, he always had words of advice and encouragement without judgment. You could tell that he had been there and done that, while still maintaining a wry sense of humor about all his own little (and big) mishaps.

I finally got to meet him at one of the SF tailgates this year and see for myself that mischievous grin (yep, been there and done that) which exactly matched his message board personae. He was one of a kind.

AlbqSooner, you will be sorely missed.

This is my brother, me and AlbqSooner at the SF Mizzou tailgate.

[​IMG]

Peach Fuzz and SCOUT like this.
  13. SCOUT

SCOUT SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thanks for the pic Chuck. You can even see that wry smile you describe in this one picture.

14. soonerloyal

soonerloyal New Member

As I stand on the mountaintop, as the great bird approaches. She is small in my sight, but grows larger on approach until I am blessed with the full sight of her graceful wings, proud countenance and good company. All too quickly, she grows small again on the horizon and disappears from view. And I call out, "Look, there. She's gone."

But there are other mountaintops beyond me. And at the precise moment when I note the great bird's departure form my view, I know there are new eyes taking up the sight of her. And fresh voices calling out, "Here she comes!"

With you in spirit and love, prayers continual and fervent. Much love to Vet in this time of grief, and a salute to his great friend and Brother AlbqSooner. Until we all meet again, dear Sir.

SCOUT likes this.
  15. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

I finally met Bill this year at a tailgate. We spent quite a bit of time talking and exchanging life experiences. Rock solid dude who had moved way beyond the silliness and petty behaviors most of us continue to display.

He gave momma several bags of Hatch chiles and sent her the most awesome recipe for chicken enchiladas ever. I was driving in from Mississippi last night and she asked what I wanted for supper. "Bill's enchiladas" is all I said. They were extra delicious. Thanks Bill.

RIP brother. You've earned your final reward in heaven.

16. olevetonahill

Id like ya to get me that Recipe Bro

By the way Bill has requested NO Funeral nor a Memorial
    He simply wanted to be Cremated and then have his brother go camping and scatter his ashes in a Camp fire

Seems during his Drankin days he would get drunk and stumble and fall into bout near ever campfire he was ever around

He was a Good Man

17. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

Sooner Born Sooner Bred SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'd like that recipe too. What a neat guy. I didn't get to meet him this year (or Chuck).

Are we going to do some kind of a donation?

18. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

When I get back home I'll post it. At first glance I went "wtf?". Flour tortillas? Chili powder? It rocks. Momma had a recipe that she hasn't used once since trying Bill's.

I think I'll rename them "Bill's Heavenly Enchiladas.".

19. olevetonahill

Good deal Bro
    YOU be careful / Dont need to lose any more friends.

20. olevetonahill

Dean , Do you know if Dave or anyone got Pics of Bill at the Tail Gate?

If so can ya try to get em posted