1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roy Finch

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Keller Sooner, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Keller Sooner

Keller Sooner New Member

You gotta love Finch. When asked if he could handle 30 carries in the bowl game, he said "give me the rock." With all the quitting and transferring, it's refreshing to hear a kid say that. I hope he has a big game at the Insight Bowl.

2. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

I heard interviews with Stills and Jefferson last night and they were optimistic about the bowl game and saying that they wanted to prove themselves. It was nice to hear.

3. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

prove what?

4. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

While I love little finchie, there's a bit of wtf to that line of thought... I mean why are the kids transferring and quitting? Lack of playing time... or injuries. So it's refreshing to hear a kid say that he wants more playing time???? :)

I just hope he can handle more carries. I'd hate to see him get injured again.

5. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Jefferson in my mind has proven himself, but I would like Stills to prove he's not a prima donna that's afraid of getting hit.

6. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Put Finch, and Millard in the backfield with Bell. Run the damn bone. At least once I'd like to see that.

7. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Prove that they are better than they played in those 3 losses.

8. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

Wait a second... These football players wanna PLAY?!? And play HARD? Oh crap Iowa, you better watch the f*ck out! :cower:

Mississippi Sooner likes this.
  9. Keller Sooner

Keller Sooner New Member

It is to me badger. He wasn't asking for more playing time he was asked if he could handle lt. Big difference isn't it? The transfers or quitters, whether justified or not, weren't there to ask. Point being, they are out the door. Roy is still here and we've got a bowl game to go win.

10. Good for Roy...This bowl game itself doesn't mean much to me...I want him to prove himself in the offseason so that when next season starts, he's not sitting on the bench because he didn't put in his work before the season started.

11. SoonerLaw09

SoonerLaw09 New Member

Me too, but they better practice it a *lot*. Bell is not a wishbone QB. The couple of times we've run option out of the Belldozer, it was a disaster. Not something you just throw into a gameplan.

12. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

damn straight....they got something to prove....sumthin' anyway.:indecisiveness:

13. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

:) ok.

14. OULenexaman

OULenexaman New Member

I couldn't tell you right now what day,time or TV station it's even on.....friggin sad.

15. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

Roy is a great example of a guy with AA talent, but he tries to do too much sometimes. Time and experience will slow the game down for him. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him have a monster year before he's done here.

16. SoonerTerry

SoonerTerry Well-Known Member

I hope he gets 250 yards and 5 touchdowns

17. mojorisen2014

mojorisen2014 New Member

Coaches are weeding out all the bad apples

18. Rocko

Rocko New Member

When has Stills ever behaved in a way that is indicative of him being a prima donna? He just has crazy hair and dropped some passes, he hasn't gone all Malcolm Kelly on us.

19. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

He seemed to stop working as hard after Broyles got injured. I know he has an injury of his own, but seemed to give up on routes and not go 100%.

20. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If you are sadistic enough to still have a game from the latter half of the season on your DVR, watch Kenny go for a catch in traffic when he can hear footsteps, if you can use the words "going for it" to describe that scene.

Kid has a ton of talent, and is probably a good kid. I'm sure he will mature, and learn to bring it, without having Broyles to take the heat off.