1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ronnell Lewis was Cleared but suspended????

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by OU_Sooners75, Dec 3, 2011.

1. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Did anyone else hear that in the post game press conference?

I heard it.

And people on rivals are saying because he has missed too many classes. That he has taken the "I'm gone to the NFL so no classes for me approach."

2. SoonerDood

SoonerDood New Member

we've seen the last of the Hammer most likely.

3. LawtonBoy74

LawtonBoy74 New Member

It won't be the first or last time that someone's given up in this program

4. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

well, bye. Was anyone more hyped undeservedly? Don't get me wrong I love Ronnell but if this is true it probably is a microcosm of the state of OU football. A bunch of entitled primadonnas.

5. AlboSooner

AlboSooner New Member

It's hard to maintain a 2.0gpa in social studies.

6. wishbonesooner

wishbonesooner New Member

Clear out his locker, tell him to move out of the dorm. Time to quit coddling these kids. The attitude is killing Sooner football.

7. OU_Sooners75

If this is true, then it is time for Stoops to pull the reigns...

I agree with Blue...if this is true then we have too many entitled primadonnas!

I wonder if this is why we are seeing the play we have seen at times this year that was just flat out bad?

Has Stoops lost control of his team? Has he become the next Mack Brown where players think they are entitled instead of having to earn it?

If so, it is time for him to clean house and start getting the 3 star kids that are willing to put in the work to succeed!

8. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Good lord, some of you guys are whacky. Do we know all of the facts yet? I know he hurt his knee and he has a child. I don't blame him if he wanted to get ready for the NFL.

9. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

Shouldn't surprise anyone if true. He has had trouble maintaining grades since he got to OU. And he basically had to be begged to come back last year.

Just wish the kid well and move on.

10. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

well I could see that.

11. soonerboy_odanorth

soonerboy_odanorth New Member

And what picasso said is better stated. If OU isn't a good fit for him because of whatever factor... family considerations, school, no matter. He played his best for this program, so congratulate him and look forward to watching the next guy.

12. OU_Sooners75

No we do not know the facts...but if this is true, then it has been going on all semester, not just after his knee injury (which was very very minor).

13. picasso

Have the rules changed? Anyone remember Byron Hanspard? Mookie Blaylock left campus after his last basketball game.
    Some of you guys are out of touch with reality.

14. OU_Sooners75

Out of reality?

If the kid is not going to class, he shouldn't be playing....period! I never said any NCAA rules have been violated...but if he is more worried about getting to the NFL than helping himself in the long run, that is on him.

But he also has to pay the consequences for his actions...so if this is why Stoops suspended him, then good for Stoops.

Even when I was in college playing...I always felt they should do more to regulate that the players are truly being students and going to classes.

As in being eligible every week, not just semester.

15. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

But if he was cleared then he could have played tonight? Except for the selfishly stupid not going to class? If the rumor is true, of course.

Dont the players agree to have their college paid for and they agree to play the requisite amount of TOTAL seasons?

If he could have played tonight, but didnt, that would be a huge suckage issue to me. We needed a pass rush badly.

Im not OK with selfishness from scholarshipped players in a team sport. Of course, once more, if the rumor is true.

16. picasso

Fair enough but I'm not going to judge the guy if he was thinking about his immediate future. Not his doctorate degree.
    You made the broad statement that Ronnell is an example of all that is wrong at OU. I highly doubt it.

17. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

I disagree. When you join a team sport, you have an obligation to your teammates and coaches. You don't just cut and run (and if he didn't go to class and got suspended that is essentially what he did to the team) when the game no longer benefits you.

What these kids don't understand is that NFL teams will dock you if you show signs of character issues. If you don't go to class and harm your team, that's a warning sign to them.

I have no idea if any of this is true but if so Lewis may be costing himself some $$$.

18. agoo758

agoo758 New Member

To be sure, this isn't the first time that Ronnell accused of skipping classes.

19. OU_Sooners75

Maybe you should re-read what was said. I was asking, or wondering.

Never said that Ronnell is an example with all that is wrong with OU or even hinted that...wondering it yes.

20. sooner59

sooner59 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This team is not OU quality.