1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Landry Jones...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonermagik, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soonrs

Soonrs New Member

This years team is a reflection of the coaching staff except they don't get paid to lose. Landry should move on and hold a clip board for a few years.

2. wishbonesooner

wishbonesooner New Member

Landry's been pretty good this year. I like him. Is he Sam or JW? No. But he's a good QB.

3. OUbasketball4life

OUbasketball4life New Member

Landry is nothing without broyles can't get any touchdowns. I'm convinced broyles made Landry look good. K stills....in sorry Kenny stills he doesn't get a nickname til he starts playing like a star is not ready to be number 1 receiver if anyone is its jazz...who was actually sick tonight we are pathetic in a lot of positions and I'm convinced this was a terrible year

4. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

we have been Team Broyles since 2009

5. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

True dat and the stats back it up. For the first 6-7 games, it was half and half Broyles/Whaley which was an unexpected surprise. With both out, we're pretty punchless.

6. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Landry has won two Bowl Games. It's sad to see so many fans acting the child. It happens though. We've won some really big Games this year. We had the stuff to be undefeated at one point in the Season. Last year our first loss came against Mizzou. We righted that wrong this year.

oSu wins their first Big XII Championship. I guess they played well enough to deserve it. They are gonna get their time in the spotlight tonight. Good for them. I hope they don't go on to embarrass our State in a big Bowl Game.

7. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

...don't know what season you just watched...despite the setbacks, this game had the ability to define the season and the things he didn't or couldn't do speaks volumes...it's not his fault more than he's just not that guy. Beyond that the defense is a sham

ss

8. JLEW1818

landry vs baylor... throws to TE... covered by 3 guys... pick... He is a good QB, but has just stunk it up this year.

9. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

It's hard when you lose your Superstars and suddenly have to depend on guys that just are Ryan Broyles.

10. JLEW1818

i was spoiled by Sam Bradford

11. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

It's still never one or two plays that lost some of these games though J. You know he's had the right stuff from time to time. There were some throws to Stills in the FSU Game that were pin point accurate and just beautiful throws. I haven't seen Stills with that kind of route or catch since K-State.

12. Texas Golfer

Texas Golfer SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's not all on Landry. We have receivers who can't catch, blockers who can't block, and tacklers who can't tackle. 9-3 is a great record but, with all of the expectations of this season, this season ended up being a disappointment.

13. LawtonBoy74

LawtonBoy74 New Member

Landry's problem is that he is inconsistent!!! He makes great plays, but then he'll make great plays for the other team as well. And is it me or does it seem like the coaches completely gave up after we were down 31 to 3. Terrible effort tonight. Most embarrasing loss since that WV loss we suffered a few years back.

14. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

Agreed 100% which are all a symptom of one thing: lack of motivation, effort, heart. its happening consistently

15. SoonerinSouthlake

SoonerinSouthlake Well-Known Member

it's time for him to go

16. XingTheRubicon

XingTheRubicon SoonerFans.com Elite Member

tough room for our all-time leading passer

17. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I like ya Albo, but this is Tacky.

18. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm sorry but Sam also had more weapons, 3 all americans on the o-line and reliable running backs. I wouldn't mind Landry back. I think after Ryan went down the whole team collapsed honestly. Stoops needs to make some staff changes as well.

19. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Whole lot of Dumbass going on here
    Tonight.

Can't believe people would rather head into next season with a QB with no real playing time other than the
    Belldozer vs. Landry.

Last I checked, Landry didn't give up SCHOOL RECORD's on D vs Tech and Baylor. He kept us in both Games.

20. dennis580

dennis580 New Member

This topic is totally foolish. Jones by FAR gives us the best chance to win the NC next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.