1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "now what has to happen for us to go to title game" thread

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by BigTip, Nov 18, 2011.

1. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I don't think we've seen the last of the upsets. Nobody was expecting OU to lose to Tech, and certainly nobody expected ISU to beat the Pokes. Who's next?

2. oufan1

oufan1 New Member

I cant believe after wanted osu to win tonight to keep our chances alive I now have to cheer for USUCK tomorrow night.. what a disgusting football season...

landrun likes this.
  3. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So glad this will be decided by voters. Only logical way to produce a champion.

landrun likes this.
  4. landrun

landrun Well-Known Member

We had no chance when our defense gave up 40+ points at home to the worst team in the BigXII. No matter what happened.
    Do yourself a favor. Stop kidding yourself.

I guess I've gone through the five stages quicker than most other Sooner fans. I've been at Acceptance for a while now. Though, to be honest, every Saturday I revisit the Anger stage and just want to punk-slap Venables all over again. :mad: The defense gave up an chance at a National Championship weeks ago. :miserable::mad:

5. silverwheels

silverwheels SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm pretty sure Kansas is still worse than Texas Tech.

6. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Do you want LSU to have to beat Oregon AND Alabama again? I thought one rematch was bad enough.

7. landrun

landrun Well-Known Member

I don't think any Sooner fan does.
    But the truth is, we've worn out our welcome in years like this.
    We got hammered by KSU in the BigXII championship game. But won the argument and made it to the NC game anyway. Then lost.
    We were one of 3 undefeated teams, won the debate and made it to the NC game. Then lost.

I think people, voters, are sick of seeing us win the argument then laying an egg when they give us a shot at the NC.
    I think they believe they should give someone else a chance.
    They'd rather see Oregon/Bama play LSU again rather than us.
    I can give a lot of arguments why I disagree. But I don't think they'll listen to any argument for OU. Its like they've made up their minds. We blew it when we lost to Tech. And given our history, they'll give someone else a shot.

8. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

If only someone could come up with some kind of system, that allowed the top 6 or 8 teams to play each other down to the final two...then those two teams play for it all. Of course a system like that would have to tested over years and years before it could even be considered. And it probably wouldn't work anyway. Oh, wait...

9. OUInformant

OUInformant New Member

OU has to win out.

10. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

Probably the most valid statement of the night! I was at a high school game tonight, and went to a 5th quarter thing for our youth at church afterwards. Poke fans were there. Got to shake my head, act bewildered, and ask "how did this happen?" "think what might have been?"

Of course, I think that about taco tech everyday...

11. dennis580

dennis580 New Member

We probably have to win impressively now against OSU. A normal win may not be enough. I think we still control our destiny IF we win impressively enough.

12. dennis580

dennis580 New Member

I hoping Oregon losing to USC, and Bama losing to Auburn is next. That would put us at #2 in the BCS, and would mean any kind of win against OSU would put us in the NC game.

13. BlownGP

BlownGP Member

as much as I hate to agree with you. You're right.

Could you Imagine if we won all our NC games? SEC WHO? more like. There's OU>>>>>the SEC>>> rest of the big 12... oh man wouldnt that have been nice..

and another thing. I dont wanna play in the NC game without Whaley and Ryan.

14. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

This , we just need to WIN

15. dennis580

dennis580 New Member

That is not accurate. LSU is such a rediuclously strong #1 they can lose to Arkansas, and still stay at #1 in the BCS. They have wins over BOTH #2 Bama, and #3 Oregon, and that counts for a heck of a lot.

16. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

No they can't. Also, fans jump the gun too much we have 3 games left. How about we win those first.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  17. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

1) We need to win out.

2) We need a nuclear accident at Oakridge to take out all the SEC teams. The damage must go far enough to take out Arkansas, but stop before it gets to OK.

3) Might still need Boise, VaTech and Houston to lose again.

18. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

hell to freeze over!

19. MamaMia

MamaMia Moderator

I rooted against the pokes because seeing them lose is fun. Being Baylors B!tches...not so fun.

20. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I wonder what was the difference? :)

I seem to remember a bunch of people pulling for OSU last night so they would be ranked higher when we play them. Glad I was pulling for ISU so I could at least enjoy that game this weekend. :(