1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dabo Swinney

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by cleller, Oct 24, 2011.

1. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This is purely for distraction from the recent depression.

Don't know why, but I've always liked the Clemson program. Maybe because distant ancestors came from S. Carolina. This year Clemson has been one fun team to watch. Lots of high hopes, reminds me of our 2000 team. Sammy Watkins is incredible, sure to be a Heisman candidate as he matures, Taj Boyd is like the ACC version of Robert Griffin.
    Swinney is also always entertaining to watch. Part young Bob Stoops, part Will Muschamp, has a great pedigree starting as a walk on at Bama, then coaching his way up the ladder there. The ACC, like the Big 12, must be sick of hearing of the SEC lock on good football, which must be difficult for Swinney, given his history.

So, Clemson and Swinney have got my attention. They are fun to watch, and can beat anyone when their offense is clicking. Anyone here like to see them have a go at Bama, LSU, or Boise?

2. Maybe Boise...I've watched almost of their games and they aren't stopping anyone...Exciting offense though

3. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Clemson is the only undefeated team I would like to see win it all. I'd say Alabama, except I don't want to see another SEC title. Taj Boyd is fun to watch.

4. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

Dabo was a part of the Mike Dubose staff at Bama that brought down our program. Though I don't think he was individually culpable, he would have to have been a total idiot not to know what was going on and that memory is imprinted on a lot of Bama fans and because of that alone many of us don't hold him in a favorable light. That being said, I think he's done a good coaching job this year in a lightweight conference.

5. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'd like to see Stanford there. I live a few miles from campus and got my graduate degree there after my time at OU. They play real power football with an NFL-ready QB taking snaps. But I don't think they are quite as good as last year on offense with 3 new OL starters and a lack of a true home-run threat. Their defense has excellent stats, but I'm a doubter because of who they have played. I think the Ducks expose their D. They play a thin, but talented USC team on the road this weekend.

6. CarolinaSoonerFan

CarolinaSoonerFan New Member

I want Clemson to go down ASAP. I don't need any team that wears orange boasting about a championship!

7. sooner518

sooner518 New Member

Clemson has had amazing recruiting classes the last few years. always made me think that something fishy was goin on up there with their lack of success on the field and the bigtime players they were getting.

me, Im pulling for Stanford if its not gonna be OU

8. PalmettoSooner

PalmettoSooner New Member

I'm with you Carolina. I'm from SC and have a strong hatred towards Clemson. Dabo is a better recruiter than coach. I'm not saying he won't be a good coach, but their OC has been the biggest reason for their success this year.