1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Habern to miss a month...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by 8timechamps, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I heard 3 weeks from somebody who knows him...so hopefully the latter.

2. webfoot

webfoot Member

I DVR'd the game; it happened on Jones' 2nd INT (11:04, 3rd quarter).

3. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Gawd, I hate those situations; a bad play producing even worse results. The AP fumble on the first offensive snap in '07 results in Sam getting knock out of the game producing our 2nd loss which sends Les "never lost in regulation" Miles to the title game. But that wasn't enough to stop there. Joey rallies the troupes with a furious comeback that falls short, but forces us into a mostly futile onside kick followed by an even more futile hail mary *if* we recover. But there are a few ticks left, so we have to try, right? DM is put on the revovery team and catches a cleat in that TTech "turf" and tears up his patella and never quit looks the some - at least not for 2 seasons. Adron also tears up a knee in that game and never develops so I just throw that on as more bad karma.

So no more INTs or fumbles, K?

4. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

We've had it good. Habern has been a solid Center at OU, and I only hope whomever steps in can step up and play well.

Per the Soonersports depth chart, looks like Ikard is set to start at Center.

5. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

"OK, OK" You had me at "a bad play"....and who is this "AP" you speak of?

6. VA Sooner

VA Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Damn. I remember that game vividly now. Like a bad dream. Losing DeMarco hurt us. Two years in row... right before the bowl game.

7. VA Sooner

VA Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So true. Moving to a TLew calendar now... bowl season will be upon us in a few weeks then.

8. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I was a Broncos fan during the Elway years. The year after Elway, Shanahan puts Brian Griese at QB which all the fans hated. Griese throws a bad pick in some early game and one of the Broncos O-line takes out Terrell Davis's knee as both are scrambling to make a tackle. Davis was never the same and the Broncos have been bad to mediocre since. But at least I've moved on from that Bronco thing.

9. 8timechamps

I've tried to move on. I just can't seem to. I'm not nearly the NFL fan as I used to be, but I would like to see the donkeys do better.

I remember that game vividly. I just learned that Griese does play-by-play with Logan....weird.

10. BlownGP

BlownGP Member

Missing Murray against Florida really hurt. Chris brown couldnt get any yards.

11. 8timechamps

Heard that Habern will be back for A&M...anybody hear anything?

12. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Rivals is saying he may be playing against A&M as well.

13. mainline13

mainline13 Member

Yeah, I know, it's an old post in an old thread, which just got resurrected, but i have to wonder how someone who has managed 7K posts can't remember 2007. I mean, it was a big deal, as Boulder explained in the post to which you replied. I still remember Alan Patrick's fumble on that first play from scrimmage, and the resulting carnage. Plus, I seem to remember that AD wasn't still playing for us in 2007 (I assume that was the point of the smarmy post).

14. swardboy

"Sarcasm Meters"...Row 14, aisle 10.....

15. mainline13

mainline13 Member

Oh, DUH! It was SO obvious, too! </sarcasm>

I would avoid future attempts, were I you.

16. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Settle down, Francis.

I think he's starting out at Guard this game. Anyone got any quotes from Stoops to back it up? I know that was the original plan.

17. 8timechamps

That seems to make sense. I thought I saw him on the sidelines last week (arm still casted). I know he can play with a cast, but he wouldn't be able to snap with it, so guard would make sense. I also think it'll help our running game out a bit.

18. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

You know what I think is awesome?

When board noobs tell longtime posters how to post. That always works out well.

19. swardboy

Hey Froze! I lived in Huntsville back in the day. don't know if you've had a chance to take in Big Spring Jam yet. I saw it started back up this year after a one year hiatus. Incredible deal though...I remember paying only $30 for the whole 3 day weekend. Always the last weekend in September. At its height about 250,000 would take in the music.

Back to football....where can I find Sooner ringtones?

20. SoonerTerry

SoonerTerry Well-Known Member

were I you...