1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jim Tressel resigns!!

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by sooner518, May 30, 2011.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Both tOSU and Meatchicken will be with new coaches this season. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

I know Nebbish is the trendy pick for the Big Ten now, but it is such an open field that I'd almost go with Michigan State now, crude drawing aside.

2. SoonerofAlabama

SoonerofAlabama Actual Poor Student

Herbstreit says that the Buckeyes could still win 10 or 11 games this year.

3. badger

Homer Herbie is just hopeful that College Gameday will go to tOSU at least once this upcoming season. The odds are not looking good for that now. Hope you love visiting the S-E-C! S-E-C!

4. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

hehehehehehehehehehehehe

5. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

6. badger

Play this music:
    [youtube]M-WF0PVi2FA[/youtube]

And scroll slowly to the bottom. Have some fun with this, it's a holiday :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NSFW

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after Wisky beat tOSU last season:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

those unis still suck:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remember when Lee made Herbie's kid cry?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For sale:
    [​IMG]
    Also for sale:
    [​IMG]
    Also also for sale:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D Hope that made you to the end of the song!

EDIT: OK, not even close. SCROLL SLOWLY! Or, please add more pics.

EDIT2: OK, I added more so if you go slowly enough you should have at least gotten the awesome chorus during all the bad pics, hehe :D

7. SoonerofAlabama

8. ashley

ashley Well-Known Member

If the interm guy wins 11 he may get the job.

9. ashley

ashley Well-Known Member

Mark Stoops has about as much chance at the OSU job as Tressel has of being rehired

10. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What if Herbie is right and the buckeyes win a lot, 10 or 11 games? Over at West Virginia, they made a perennial assistant the head coach on the basis of a team and an offensive scheme, not of his making, winning one game and have since decided they might have been a little rash jumping on that bandwagon. The questions that come to mind now include:

Should they go after Urban Meyer now, let him transition in as a consultant and install him as head coach at the first sign of Feckell's fail or at least following bowl season so he can hit the recruiting trail up to speed on what tOSU wants/needs?

What if there is a groundswell of support for a successful Feckell, do they keep him as their head coach (despite saying he is only the 2011 interim HC)?

Even if they go after a high profile name (Meyer, Saban, Bob Stoops) would the climate of entitlement encouraged by Tressel be considered a red flag to coaches already at the pinnacle of their profession to accepting one of the top jobs in college football?

Is there a hot young coach they would court (Neuheisel, please don't apply) such as Petersen?

Throw caution and common sense to the wind and hire Mike Leach?

11. prrriiide

prrriiide New Member

Not if he gets slapped with a show-cause.

12. caseysooner

caseysooner New Member

I'm pretty sure no big name coach will want to go there for the next 10+ years with all the sanctions they will end up getting hit with.

13. oumartin

oumartin New Member

I am pleasantly suprised that he is gone........

14. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

Will someone tell me how Herbstredt and other former Ohio State players can say they are not disappointed in Tressel and what he did? Would like to know who the Big 12 coach was that said if they had lied to the NCAA, they would have been fired. My bet it is Bob Steeps.

The homers for Ohio State are unbelieveable -- Tressel played ineligible players the whole year and knew it, lied to the NCAA, and the Ohio State people act like it is no big deal. As a former resident of Ohio, I hope they throw the book at Ohio State. From the day the NCAA looked the other way on Clarrett along with Tressel, is the day I stopped rooting for them. I rooted for Miami against OSU because of Clarrett. Now Tressel got the NCAA to allow those players to play in the Sugar Bowl. Have to admit that his getting them to sign letters they were coming back means she should have gone pro because no way they ever play another down for Ohio.

OSU President and Athletic Director need to resign for their part in all of this -- Tressel should have been gone when they found out he lied to the NCAA but for months those two have been defending him at every turn. Time for OSU to lose the "The" because they are cheaters from the word go as more and more former players come out.

The care deal must be about to hit. Bomar's ethics that got OU in trouble are about to look very small with what looks to be coming from OSU. Maybe now the NCAA will treat all schools the same instead of putting USC and Ohio State on a pedestal. Was told a short time ago the NCAA is going back since Tressel has been there which should highlight how they have tutors and the athletes take their exams with the tutors like Clarrett who actually took his verbally.

My more than two cents! Couldn't happen to a more arrogant program than OSU.

15. badger

The problem - and I am pretty sure this is why coaches like Stoops keep their program clean and take care of problems immediately - is that when you have a culture of players feeling entitled to money for playing football, they'll leave for the NFL asap. If players feel above the NCAA rules, they may also feel above the coach's team rules and the laws of the land. If players don't take education seriously, they won't believe an education is a fair trade for playing sports, that education is important and knowledge is a necessity in life. As one former Auburn player told HBO, he's struggling now because he didn't get an education in school, but instead got booster money and now has no pro football career... and no degree.

The other side of that is that when players come to depend on fast money and easy coursework, it is difficult to leave tOSU. Maurice Clarett said that when he complained about not getting to fly home for a friend's funeral publicly, the booster money train stopped, as did the academic advising to steer him toward easy, stay-eligible coursework. Easy coursework is often non-transferable to other institutions, so it would be difficult to be eligible immediately at another school with courses such as a football coaching class by Tressel, or course credit for playing football, or independent study classes that can be completed in the final two weeks of the semester.

16. soonerloyal

soonerloyal New Member

That picture of Tressel always reminds me of Jon Lovitz.

17. SoonerofAlabama

This is who I thought you were going to say:

[​IMG]

18. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

Yeah, all 15 of them.

19. SoonerNate

SoonerNate New Member

[​IMG]

I so hope most Michigan fans wear sweater vests for next years game.

20. SoonerofAlabama

[​IMG]

The vest is out.