1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huepel/Norvell Co-OC's

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by colleyvillesooner, Dec 13, 2010.

1. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wow, this is great. I have no doubt we'll have a prolific offense next year. I'll bet the whole team is happy with this, especially LJ. This ratchets the excitement level sky high.

2. instigator

instigator SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: Heupel/Norvell Co-OC's

I see that, but it is just really surprising that Josh will be calling plays. I wasn't expecting that. I think he will be pretty good since he seems to have a great football mind. It's just surprising to me to hear this. Sounds like this is a nice way to do it though. He can work with Jay (who has been an OC before) and Jay could leave for another job (like Pitt) in the future without too much changing. Hopefully Jay sticks around for at least a year to work with Josh.

3. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I think everything Josh says to Landry doesn't change Landry's blank expression, so talking to Landry by phone wouldn't make that much difference. Besides, Blake Bell and Drew Allen (and Nimmo!!!) will be on the sideline to talk to Landry in person to give personal insight if necessary.

Btw, NP told me that Major reportedly confronted Mack about the offensive coordinator spot. Point-blank asked him "You gonna promote me?" and Mack was like "No." The fact that Stoops trusts Josh more than Mack trusts Major. That is a major low blow right there. Mack made Major sit behind Chrissy for years and now he's continuing to make Major sit behind someone else (who might or might not be inferior... Greg probably was). Get out, Major. Mack will never trust and respect you as a player or coach.

4. bigfatjerk

bigfatjerk New Member

Maybe we should start that thread right now and get it out of the way.

5. Section 9

Section 9 New Member

Are there any graduate assistants that might move into a full-time coaching position? And will they get pay raises?

6. Kilmer

Kilmer New Member

Kind of surprised Heupel got the co-coordinator job. Just assumed it was Norvell's job, but I don't hate it.

SoonerStormchaser likes this.
  7. MichiganSooner

MichiganSooner Well-Known Member

This is an awesome decision by Coach Stoops.

8. OklahomaTuba

OklahomaTuba SoonerFans.com Elite Member

3rd and Huepel.

TMcGee86 likes this.
  9. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Are you disguising yourself as a Sooner fan, or are you openly Gator?

10. Theskipster

Theskipster New Member

Jake Trotter says that Kevin Wilson will stay through the bowl, but will only be the TE and FB coach.

11. My Opinion Matters

My Opinion Matters New Member

You mean Heupel wasn't named head coach in waiting? FIRE BOB STOOPS!!!!

12. A Sooner in Texas

A Sooner in Texas New Member

I bet Norvell's up in the booth and Josh stays on the sidelines to have more personal interaction with LJ.
    What a great move...it fosters great coordination between Norvell and Heupel, but also more of a competitive drive between the two.

13. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm glad he is staying around, but it kind of surprises me. He must be devoting some time to recruiting/staffing at Indiana.

This will be interesting watching the Fiesta with the same OC for game planning and the same players, but just a different play caller. I'm not claiming it will be better/worse/same - just interesting.

14. Boomer_Sooner_sax

Boomer_Sooner_sax New Member

Man, what I wouldn't give to see that on the field one more time in Norman! HAHA!

15. Fraggle145

Fraggle145 Drunky Town Limnologist

So is Heupel still also the QB coach?

16. 3rdgensooner

3rdgensooner What?

I hope so, playcalling and qb coaching maximizes Heupel's strengths.

17. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

instigator likes this.
  18. SoonerPr8r

SoonerPr8r New Member

Since Heupel is calling the plays he will most likely be in the booth. You can call plays from the sideline but it is a little harder to see the entire defense.

19. 3rdgensooner

3rdgensooner What?

Counting the subject line, I've seen 3 different spellings of Heupel's name.

Shirley you people can come up with more.

20. SbOrOiNaEnR

SbOrOiNaEnR New Member

Hyple.