1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billy Liucci (texags): Big12 is saved!

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by TMcGee86, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Warboc

Warboc New Member

i can't see how OU would be in favor of making only 2/3 of what other universities in the conference are making. Equal revenue sharing is the way to go.

2. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

That will never happen not as long as David Boren is President of OU. That report from the UT and AM reports makes no sense.

3. spanielboy

spanielboy New Member

If this were actually the case, then why doesn't everyone continue on the merry path to the PAC-XX if A&M were to fall in-line? According to the ESPN ticker on Friday, the four of you all were headed to the PAC10. A&M's decision to go on its own path has nothing about Chip Brown's "fly in the ointment". That was were we would not blindly follow Texas to help them get stronger at our expense.

The offer to the SEC to OU, which has turned down on at least twice publically, is not dependent on A&M. A&M has its own offer and it is not dependent on OU. Texas has an offer the SEC too, as well as the Big10. I bet Oklahoma State and Texas Tech are not too happy with this development that may have them eventually end up in Conference USA if the Big12-Lite were to fail.

4. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

Dallas Morning News is reporting that the Texas Legislature has told UT and A&M not to be making any moves until they meet Wednesday. Bet this is the reason for Texas and A&M getting interested as they know their chances of breaking up are slim to none along with Baylor raising its head.

5. LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove New Member

Joe C. helped birth the Big XII. He is all for saving it if he can according to what he said a few days ago.

His pride is getting in the way of smart decision making IF this is true that the Big XII is being saved and we are staying.

I don't believe it yet, so we will see. This is the absolute worst case scenario playing out before our eyes if these reports are true.

6. OUthunder

OUthunder Angry Bird

Face it, we are their bitch!

7. RaiderAficionado

RaiderAficionado New Member

I don't know how 3 schools (Tech, OSU, OU) wouldn't be able to force UT's hand in this deal.

The three schools need to go to the PAC-10, kill the Big 12, and force UT to come along, imo.

8. yankee

yankee New Member

that would take balls, something i doubt all those administrators have.

9. kelloggOUballa

kelloggOUballa New Member

Big 12 is the best for everyone. And Texas can't buy success on the field. We own the Big 12.

10. ndpruitt03

ndpruitt03 New Member

His latest twitters seem to think that the B12 won't survive.

11. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

Texas Legislature told A&M and UT to hold off until they meet on Wednesday so politicians are not involved as usual.

12. noobalicious

noobalicious New Member

Good ol Billy with this gem:

Sigh.

13. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

Let's say OU, osu, and tech leave for the pac and a&m goes to the sec...screw texass , let them stay in the big 12 so they can have their own precious tv deal. Now, what I want to know is, if all that happens, is texass good enough to allow the "big-12" to maintain an automatic BCS bid? Side note, automatic BCS bids are only big talk for a couple more years. Then we will be talking about........playoffs?

14. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

Found out where Bebee got his numbers -- seems the sports networks freaked out when they thought about having to fund a 16-team PAC 10 and decided to step forward to try and stop the runaway train according to Twitter. Fox News stepped forward with their offer. Some people in the know are still saying that Texas is doing this to get more out of PAC 10.

This whole deal is ludicrous that the rest of the Big 12 is allowing Texas to run this.

15. Bosley

Bosley New Member

Beeebeee is just buying time before the trap door opens.

Staying with the big 12 would be the most foolish thing OU could do...all this got started because Texas treated every team north of the red river like a second class institution from a third world country. Nebraska made it very clear they wanted to get as far away from those honky *** holes as possible and then they did.

UT gets all their money from guys the put rubber testicles on their ford f-350 and mexicans that buy all their ****, then they throw it around to benefit the state of Texas at the expense of every other school and state.

Let's go to the Pac-10 and force their hand for once. The schools academic rankings would go up immediatly just for being associated with some of those school, we'd make more money, and Texas would be floating around in a weakened conference with OSU bein their stiffest competition. Think about that for a second. So if we left UT would follow US. I'm tired of this "let's go where texas goes" bull****, For the money and the student body size we have a vastly better athletics program pound for pound, let's throw our weight aroun for a change.

16. Captain Cob Mob

Captain Cob Mob New Member

One school could force UT's hand. Tell me, how the heck is UT going to salvage a Big 12, in hopes of National Championships, without Neb AND OU? The rest of the nation isn't that damned stupid. Seriously, UT could go to the MWC and get a rougher schedule with more credibility.

17. Raider Power

Raider Power New Member

I would be glad for TECH and OU to head west without UT.

18. oufan1

oufan1 New Member

Some of you people are giving David Boren way too much credit...

19. oumartin

oumartin New Member

face, OU has become Texas whipping boy on and off the field lately.

20. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

In the plan at ESPN OU, TX, A&M get $20M and up while the other members get $13 to $17M -- thought that was what started all of this in the first place -- uneven distribution.