1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which recruits are most likely to contribute next season?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by lexsooner, Jan 9, 2010.

1. lexsooner

lexsooner Well-Known Member

The DL who really stood out in the Army All Star game? What about the OG from Mustang? I think he is enrolling in the Spring semester and will go through Spring practice with OU. I think the need for freshman help is especially at WR and TE, OL, and DT.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  2. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Irwin has the size to play right away considering the line situation last year.

3. Chris Patterson

Chris Patterson New Member

Justin McCay, Roy Finch, Brennan Clay, Kenny Stills, Austin Haywood, Bronson Irwin, Adam Shead, Austin Woods, Trey Franks, Tony Jefferson, Torrea Peterson, Eric Humphrey, Daniel Noble, Damon Williams, and Trey Millard may be able to contribute right away.

4. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I won't go as far as naming players but rather positions where youngsters can help us.It is impossible to know how well individual players adjust to the college game,time after time bluechips fade and the lesser known rise.We need help on the o-line so the chance is there for all the o-line recruits to help,I'm guessing however that only 1-2 crack the 2-deep.We return several WRs but only 3(Broyles,Miller,Caleb) were consistant so I could see 1-2 players at WR cracking the rotation.RB?I doubt it,if Murray returns and with Calhoun,Miller,Madu back I don't see much chance there.TE,I'm sure will see action,Ikard coming off redshirt,and a couple of incoming frosh have a shot since Hanna,Mansik,Ratterree were less than stellar.QB?No way,except as backup.

On dfense DBS will have open tryouts for cb with Franks,Jackson both gone.LBs are loaded with Box,Clayton,T.Lewis,R.Lewis.DE ,maybe .Alexander will secure one side,King,Washinton will compete as well so there is a shot for a frosh there.Taylor,McFarland return but frosh,redshirts have a big opputunity here.

5. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

The move I saw David King make on Toby Gerhart in the 4th qtr of the Sun Bowl made him stand out to me for next years Defense. 6'5" and 236 and caught what was supposedly a Heisman Candidate while back peddling in the flat? I thought that was a great play.

6. soonermagic14

soonermagic14 New Member

what is Adrian Taylor's status? I have not heard anything since the game.

7. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

Millard at FB
    Haywood at TE
    McCay, Stills, and Powell at WR
    Irwin and Shead on the OL
    Peterson at DT
    Jefferson at Safety

8. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

No idea. That kind of break depending on how it broke and how it was repaired and how he does afterwards....I'd say we won't know for 6 months at least. I bet he misses spring.

9. IronHorseSooner

Speaking of the DT position, did McGee completely switch from DL to OL? If so, after McFarland and Walker, the rest are talented, but inexperienced true frosh. I expect that AT won't be rushed into service, whatever happens. Heck, I might be back from deployment before we know if he will be ready.

10. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

What redshirts will contribute next season? I think Chaisson will get time at DT along w/McFarland. Wort at LB and not sure who else redshirted.

11. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

I'm not sure....I think the Spring and the Red White game should be on everybody's list of things to come. We'll see how it all shakes out. This suc thing with sneaky pete is what's hot right now. I can't believe the mess he's leaving.

12. IronHorseSooner

McFarland played this year. I would look for Wort, Gabe Lynn (replacing Dom), maybe Chaisson. If Beal stays, we would already have a 4-man DE rotation with JB, Washington, Alexander, and King. Also, Jayden Bird at LB and Marshall Musil at FB. Hopefully, Drew Allen will see action only in mop-up duty. Gabe Ikard will get every opportunity to take the TE job. Even though is a RS-JR, it will be interesting to see what sort of impact that Jeff Vinson could make. He's the size of Big Phil, and, like Big Phil, he was seen as a project.

13. IronHorseSooner

If people get clips of the Red-White Game, please see upload them, as I can probably view them while over there. I look forward to this Red-White Game even more because:

1) I want to see Landry's, the OL's, and the WR's improvement
    2) What newcomers can break through
    3) If we can get a steady kicker
    4) It will be about the midpoint of my deployment
    5) Because the Men's BBALL team might be the worst since before Billy took over

14. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

Stoops said a couple of weeks ago that Vinson's transferring.

15. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

Is Vinson transferring D-II?

16. IronHorseSooner

Too bad for Vinson. I am really intrigued by both Schwab and Cullen. Heck, even though the two DE prospects and the kid from MWC would be great gets, I would take those guys and close up shop. You would have bookend tackles there to protect Landry.

17. SCxxSOONER

SCxxSOONER New Member

I want the last 2 commits to be jeffcoat and tre porter

18. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If by "Tre Porter", you mean Seantrel Henderson, then I completely agree.

19. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

I vote stoops doesn't re-sign jimmy stevens and we sign jeffcoat, seantrel henderson and john cullen

20. Tigeman

Tigeman New Member

We've been out of the running for Henderson for a while guys. At least a month now if I remember right.

It's between Miami, OSU, FL, SUC, and ND.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010