1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Top TEN Teams for 2010 are...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Blues1, Dec 14, 2009.

1. delhalew

delhalew SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm willing to bet USC gets a preseason # 5 whether they deserve it or not.

2. jthomas666

jthomas666 Member

Well said! We need more powerhouse inter-conference games. The Bama-OK series was great (even though we lost both games); Bama fans would love another home and home. Bama's playing Penn State again next year.

You want to win the championship, you gotta play the big dogs.

3. illinisooner

illinisooner New Member

But the question is what is YOUR top 10...not the media's top 10. Sadly, it is a popularity contest though.

4. fireater

fireater New Member

Where is notre lame on everybody's list. They did just hire the best football coach in the nation! The rest of us should just roll over and play dead.:)

BTW, LSU has talent, but they lack conditioning, heart and coaching. Less Smiles is good for 2 losses a year on his own.

And as Bama fan, I want know, is it true that the FBI confiscated all of your RUF/NEK shotguns in 1958, and returned them all except for one? lol

5. snp

snp New Member

And Greg Davis has misused quarterbacks and stunted their development. Will this be a case of Applewhite/Young making his OC look great due to their own talent or will Gilbert show very little room development like McCoy/Sims/Mock.

6. rawlingsHOH

rawlingsHOH New Member

And still others will complain about Utah State being on there.

Can't win.

7. nytehorn

nytehorn New Member

snp, you shouldn't include McCoy as underdeveloped, as he was a 3-star coming in. Jevan Snead was the high 4-star we thought would take over. He did not help Sims, and once Vince started showing what he could do, Mock didn't have a chance. Still, I am predicting 8-4, if the chips fall right, possibly 9-3. DEFINATELY NOT top 10, much less top 5!! I just hope to keep our streak of top 25 going. We will be fortunate to do that!

8. OU-HSV

OU-HSV SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Call me crazy if you like...but I won't be surprised to see the Razorbacks pose a threat in the SEC which if they do, will ultimately get them into the national scene. They were a young team this year and were only a couple plays (calls) away from upsetting both the Gaytors and the fighting moLester tigers. And my guess is Mallett will return. I doubt they'll start in the top 10 but don't be surprised if they end up in the top 10 at some point during the season.

9. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

Finally, a realistic UT fan emerges. We could end up benefiting from a weaker Big XII, just like the Bevos did this year. Thank God we have a really good OOC schedule with USAFA, FSU, and Cincy.

10. snp

snp New Member

nytehorn, you probably shouldn't attempt that argument against me as I don't rely on star ratings solely. McCoy was a talented prospect coming into college and he showed that after a year of redshirting. I don't care if he was rated as the 15th best prostyle QB - you don't set multiple freshman QB records if you're not talented. What a freaking UT fan argument bringing up recruiting rankings for a player 5 years and 52 games removed from his last high school football game.

But since his freshman season, he has shown little progression in his passing game. In fact, his responsibilities have lessened after Greg Davis turned UT into more of a horizontal, 5-yard downfield passing offense. The biggest improvements McCoy has made is in his physical maturation and I don't credit Davis with him hitting the weights more.