1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "Gresham is out for the year" thread

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Widescreen, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: GRESHAM OUT FOR THE SEASON

LOL. Just call me Dean Blevins - first but wrong. :O

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I am going to post this link on every page of this thread so people don't get worried... so once again!

NOT. YET. CONFIRMED. STATUS. TO. BE. DETERMINED.
    ~LOVE, BOB STOOPS.

EDIT: I don't blame you Widescreen. I love that links are posted here first when reports like this come out. I blame KOCO for reporting this too soon. Stoops will be very pizzed later today when he talks about it with the media... I can sense it already.

3. adoniijahsooner

adoniijahsooner New Member

Re: UPDATE: Gresham is NOT out for season

whats arthroscopic surgery involve?

4. Partial Qualifier

Partial Qualifier SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So here's what we know:

- Mark Rodgers is a complete idiot

- someone in the OU football program is screwing with him to make him look stupid and/or simply for LOLs

- Stoops thinks enough of Mark Rodgers to text Mark's competitors to tell them Mark's "confirmed" report article is false.

5. OKLA21FAN

OKLA21FAN New Member

I bet they used this!
    [​IMG]

6. westbrooke

westbrooke New Member

Too late! I just about tossed my laptop through my boss's door when I hit the soonerfans front page and saw the other thread as the most recent. From that standpoint, it was a relief to see the other threads featured prominently below when I clicked through to the football board.

7. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

Not much. I had a little meniscus tear (doc described it as equivalent to a hangnail, and it hurt like a sumbeyotch), they put me under for an hour, made two little holes in my knee, went in, snipped it off, smoothed it out and I was walking without pain in three days. Running again in about four weeks. I've since done two half-marathons and a bunch of 10ks. This was six years ago and I'm 53 years old. I have to imagine JG would heal a lot faster than an old guy like me.

It really depends on what the damage is to the cartilage as to how long he'll be out. I'm surprised, honestly, that they haven't already done it so he could be recuperating, though, admittedly, when the injury first happened, the doc had me put ice on it and it was okay in a couple of weeks and we thought it had healed itself, until it blew up again seven months later.

8. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Re: STOOPS REFUTES: GRESHAM (not yet) OUT FOR THE SEASON

Mods: Can you lock this thread so it will fall off the front page? Thx

9. Re: STOOPS REFUTES: GRESHAM (not yet) OUT FOR THE SEASON

I just won't allow it

10. badger

My guess is that eventually the mods will merge the threads if they're in this morning and then there will be less to worry about... but there's been so much bad news lately that I had to take the initiative to get something NOT bad up :D

Oh, and I love the Office Space mat - didn't Boo Blake have one on his sidelines at one time for kickoff instruction? :D

11. badger

The title's changed, so it's fine now. They can close or merge the others if they want.

12. SeattleOUstudent

SeattleOUstudent You can stand on it

I like this better. :)

13. LawtonBoy74

LawtonBoy74 New Member

I'm just saying that Gresh reminds me of Martellus Bennett..I cant remeber which round Dallas took him in, but he was perfectly healthy and he didnt go 1st round he actually went 2nd or 3rd I believe

14. OUwinsagain

OUwinsagain New Member

I agree! The guy has no personality.

15. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Re: LATEST UPDATE: Gresham may or may not be out for the season

But must you brag ?:eek:

[​IMG]

16. yukonsooner

yukonsooner New Member

Re: LATEST UPDATE: Gresham may or may not be out for the season

According to Bob at the Press Conference. Scope today if something is loose they'll take it out and Gresh will be back in a couple of weeks. If it's a tear and they have to stich it out for the season. He stated the odd thing is that nothing shows on the MRi

17. OU Joe-C

OU Joe-C New Member

Gresham to undergoe arthroscopic surgery today

Bob Stoops just announced in his press conference that Gresham will have arthroscopic surgery today on his knee. He said once his knee is scoped, they will be able to see what the real problem is and what needs to be done. This could mean an injury to be back in a couple of weeks, or a serious injury meaning hes out for the season.

Stay tuned for a link.

18. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

so its still up in air? just signed on

19. CK Sooner

CK Sooner Support Landry Jones!

Re: Gresham to undergoe arthroscopic surgery today

Everyone say a prayer.

20. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Re: Gresham to undergoe arthroscopic surgery today

Until they see the knee...some won't believe.

Get that link up quick! ;)