1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Sucks!!!

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by madillsoonerfan5353, Aug 21, 2009.

1. CK Sooner

CK Sooner Support Landry Jones!

That is a quote from James Hales radio show a couple of minutes ago.

2. MojoRisen

MojoRisen New Member

Yeah he is a sick ATH, we are loaded in the secondary. Some of those hard hitting dudes may move up to LB in a year or two runnin 44 flats. I thought he was our biggest get last year in the secondary...

3. CK Sooner

Our future looks good in the secondary.

4. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We are OU so facts dont matter, we will get hit either way :mad:

Seriously though, I hope this passes over and Mike gets to enjoy his final year

5. CK Sooner

I think he should have sued for more than $10,000.

:mad:

6. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sucks is an understatement.On the plus side we STILL have more experience than we started with last year at LB .Clayton,Lewis,Reynolds,Box are all tested veterans this year.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  7. CK Sooner

Blows?

8. MojoRisen

MojoRisen New Member

Maybe the strategy is by only suing for 10K, to win and hope the NCAA isn't going to push the issue. If they do sue for 10 Million.

9. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

is Stoops his lawyer?

CK Sooner likes this.
  10. CK Sooner

Schmitty should be. He would be banging some heads in that courtroom.

:D

11. RedstickSooner

RedstickSooner New Member

I would imagine the strategy is that he isn't looking for a payday, he's lookin' for a playday.

Yeah, I went there.

But, seriously, a giant dollar figure would imply that he had some odd motive, whereas this shows that he's suing because he wants to play. The money is simply a small device to give him a legal foot in the door.

12. AlbqSooner

AlbqSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I am not sure what the law is in Oklahoma these days, so maybe some of you Oklahoma attorneys can chime in.

I THINK the jurisdictional amount to get into District Court (as distinguished from County Court or Small Claims Court) is $10,000. Hence plead that amount and you get your case heard by a District Judge.

In Oklahoma you USED TO have to plead a specific amount of monetary relief and could not be awarded more. In many other jurisdictions, you simply plead that you seek damages in excess of $10,000 (or whatever the jurisdictional amount is) and can be awarded any amount the jury decides on.

Any Oklahoma Law knowledgeable people who can provide the CURRENT state of the law on pleading damages?

Crucifax Autumn likes this.
  13. gaylordfan1

gaylordfan1 New Member

WOW, over my head. I will leave this thread now. Bye.

14. madillsoonerfan5353

madillsoonerfan5353 New Member

No crap, look at Sam (I am the man) Bradford!

15. IB4OU

IB4OU New Member

Just think if you kicked *** through a summer of Schmitty and then found out that you were ineligible for your senior year with the Sooners. Man I hope this all works out for Mike.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  16. beer4me

beer4me New Member

If he wins and is awarded the 10K then the NCAA will come back and say that MB is ineligible to play because he took their money:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

AlbqSooner and Crucifax Autumn like this.
  17. No1Better

No1Better New Member

Ronnell Lewis is a beast - he will fill the void left by Tom. 11 picks and 40 TD's on both sides of the ball indicate he is a very smart football player. Look for some great plays out of him this year.

18. CK Sooner

Austin Box before him.

JLEW1818 likes this.
  19. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

We started the year with 12 LBs: Clayton, Reynolds, T. Lewis, Bryant, Balogun, Box, Bird, Wort, R. Lewis, Franklin, G. Jones, and Crow. We have now lost Wort to injury, Balogun to the NCAA, and Crow to position move. That still leaves a legitimate three deep.

WLB: Clayton, Bryant, Franklin
    MLB: RR, Box, R. Lewis
    SLB: T. Lewis, Bird, G. Jones

Heck, the 2nd team would start for anybody in the Big XII outside of us and UTerus! It stinks not having Tom or Mike, but there are many options out there before everybody should be in full panic mode. It may mean that somebody who would be shirted under most circumstances will see some time (R. Lewis, G. Jones). I know that the coaches are excited about what Franklin and Bird have been doing. ;)