1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEMARCO COBBS

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by allentxsooner, Feb 16, 2009.

1. allentxsooner

allentxsooner New Member

No way Uterus pulls this kid out of OK Right?

2. snp

snp New Member

Possibly. He'll be making a trip to Austin at the end of this month for their Junior Day.

3. NorthernIowaSooner

NorthernIowaSooner New Member

Kind of strange, i thought texas refused to recruit in oklahoma

4. snp

snp New Member

Texas pulled in a 5* DE (Brian Pickeryl) back in 2002. But you're right, it is pretty rare for them to cross the border.

5. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

It'd be kinda shocking if he didn't go to Texas. Grew up a horn fan.

6. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

Agreed that he'll probably end up in Austin, but I can't help but think you guys will be in the mix before it's all said and done. I think he's supposed to be in Tuscaloosa this weekend for our junior day. IMO, he'd be a tough pull for us but nice that he's listing us high on his list.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/252664

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  7. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Lived in TX as a yout?

8. ousooners182

ousooners182 New Member

well ryan broyles and mossis madu also grew up horn fans but we converted them.
    :)

9. OUmillenium

OUmillenium New Member

Pikreryl (sp?) grew up in Texas, sort of like Russell Gaskamp (Weatherford Ok). Not sure about Adam Doirion (Duncan).

It's not like UTerus is plucking lifelong Okies and turning them into All-Americans.

10. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

As far as "growing up a [team X] fan," I'm not concerned. Tommie, AD, Dusty, MK, and plenty other big time performers have changed their minds in the Stoops era. I'm sure if you knew the truth about all things, you'd hear a whorn or two had a soft spot for OU back in their day before they signed with UT.

11. snp

snp New Member

Exceptions are not the rule. There are plenty more players who signed with Texas because that was their dream school than guys who spurned their dream school in our favor.

12. "MVP"

"MVP" New Member

Damn, he was an interesting prospect.

13. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

4.76......?

14. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

4.76 won't keep him from being a top prospect. His senior production might. That's probably what the majority of guys run out of HS. If he has the talent and skill set then he'll be fine. He's rated as an athlete out of HS, so he could play a number of positions.

15. snp

snp New Member

No it won't since he's already been offered by everyone. Schools don't care about posted 40 times or high school stats. They care about athletic ability and if you watch his videos, you'll see he has tons.

16. boomersooner28

boomersooner28 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Didn't know he committed to Tennessee till I just now saw it on scout.

17. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

They have snatched a few other top OK athletes during the Stoops years.

18. boomersooner28

boomersooner28 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yes they have...Robert Meachum is the first that comes to mind.

19. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

gerald jones was another

20. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Demarco Cobbs is one that I don't mind getting away. I don't know the kid personally, and he may be a great human, but there's just something about him I don't like. Seems kind of a snake to me.