1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It sickens me, but Ill take the 2 seed.

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by SeattleOUstudent, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

Playing the day before sometimes helps a team get off to a better start in the first 5-10 minutes. After that, advantage to team with rest.

We had OSU in big time foul trouble and they were tired. We could have exploited our advantage by pounding it into Blake continually but we didn't. More disturbing was the matador defense. That as a game that if a good team comes to play and grinds they win by 10-15 going away.

OSU outworked us tonight. We will win the 2-15/3-14 game without playing better defense but after that the next game we get outworked we will go home.

2. SoonerJack

SoonerJack New Member

True dat. I wasn't even worried with like 5 minutes to go. I kept thinking, we've got Moses out already, Anderson has 4, Capel will remind the team that 'one of you should probably guard Byron' and bingo, time expires and we get the W. The team evidently interpreted 'guard Byron' as 'Byron has cooties so don't get near him.'

Crazy bad game for the Sooners.

3. wishbonesooner

wishbonesooner New Member

Can you honestly say the team we watched last night looks like a 2 seed? That was OSU we were playing. OS freaking U. They are decent at best, and OU made Eaton look like Magic Johnson. I've been a sports fan for more than fifty years, and I've seen a lot of teams just collapse, but this one is right up there. If they were playing hard and just getting beat it would be better than this lackadaisacal stuff the Sooners are trotting out there.

4. meoveryouxinfinity

meoveryouxinfinity New Member

National Championship?

Sorry, you guys are delusional. The east coast media bias is correct on this one, the Big XII is not every good. We lost to a not very good team and have been losing to not very good teams. When we win we are holding on for dear life. We peaked a couple months ago.

5. SoonerFanInAustin

SoonerFanInAustin New Member

For what it is worth, I like the way Bracketology is set up today....being in the same quad as Syracuse (who may get waxed today after last night), then having Duke in Elite 8. Then maybe UCONN, Xavier or Illinois from the other side to get to the FF...I would take that, even being a 3 seed.

With that being said. We haven't been playing good. We did may Eaton, look like an All-American....our guards walk the ball up against the press. We don't try to move it quickly. We don't go through Griffin as much as we should.

Since our L10 game record is not that good....don't be surprised if we are a 3.

It really doesn't matter what we seed we get. We have a lot of issues entering the tournament. A month ago, I thought we would be a FF team. Now, I would just like to get through the first weekend.

6. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm glad we are out of it. Let the boys rest for the big ones, considering the first 2 rounds should be easy, we will be right where we want to be .

Go Baylor!

7. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

From the end of the last game against OSU to the game last night we had 5 days off. OSU had under 24hrs.

Rest isn't going to fix AJ's bad back, Crocker's shooting, or Patillo's hands.

8. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

You know, we were a two-seed in 2002 :)

9. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I agree but I'd rather be rested and try and fix some kinks, instead of being tired for the tourney. Only time will tell. and your right I hope Crocker gets his shots down. Maybe in the next couple days we will work on the fundamentals.

Collier11 likes this.
  10. soonerfan28

soonerfan28 New Member

Badger loves that 2 seed and she's right in theory that it can be better to have the 2 seed. I would hate to see us head to the west coast. It's almost certain that we don't get Kansas City now. It's all about the matchups though.

11. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

With apologies to Aesop...

I really, really wanted to have both of our teams as one-seeds. But since that's no longer possible, the one-seed sucks anyway. ;)

12. "MVP"

"MVP" New Member

We blew it... I'm still extremely confident, but hopefully we are in the opposite side of the bracket as UConn. They scare me, UConn does.

13. bri

bri America's Sweetheart

Shhhh! Some people still want to be cockeyed optimists. Let 'em; it's more fun when they're bewildered after our early loss. :D

14. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The teams that are locks for a 1 or 2 seed-

Louisville
    Pitt
    UConn
    UNC
    Memphis
    Mich. State (pretty much)

The teams that are (or were) contending for the last two spots-

Kansas
    Oklahoma
    Duke
    Wake Forest
    Villanova
    Washington

It's somewhat amazing how this has worked out so far. Wake lost, Nova lost, and Washington should be a minute away from losing. Unfortunately, in the last couple minutes Duke appears to be pulling away from BC. That was probably the most important game today. If Duke wins I think they get the 2.

Right now, Kansas gets the last 2 seed in ESPN's bracketology. I don't really get that.

15. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Jerry Palm has KU as a 3-seed.

With the results today I think we are either the last #2 seed or the first #3. Pretty much the same thing.

My best prediction. #2 seed in bracket with UNC. Nova as a 3-seed because they won't want WF as a 3-seed in the same bracket as UNC.

16. Rock Hard Corn Frog

BTW Palm also had Syracuse as a 3-seed prior to the game tonight. I don't know that I could see them a 2-seed though. They are real likely to get blown out by Louisville tommorrow anyway.

17. "MVP"

"MVP" New Member

Honestly, does the seed really matter THAT much? We will still have to play great in the tourney to have a chance. As I said earlier, I hope we are on the opposite side of the bracket as UConn since I believe UConn is great. Great big men, great guards, just a great team. Teams like Syracuse, or what ever, I don't mind... They have no stop to Griffin.

18. wishbonesooner

wishbonesooner New Member

The weird part to me is that OSU had no stop to Blake either, and we didn't make them pay for that. Whether we're a 2 or a 3, the Sooners have to play a lot better. I'd like to see Blake in a Sooner uniform several more times, we'll be seeing him in somebody else's for the next several years.

19. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

Ten teams were vying to the #1 and #2 lines, of those OU, KU, Pitt, UCONN, and Wake have all lost in the same rounds of their respective tourneys. Todays games:

UNC- FSU
    Memphis-Tulsa
    Duke-Maryland
    Louisville-SU
    Sparty- tOSU

KU's losses to TECH and Baylor put them at a #3.
    Wake's been limping down the stretch like we have, and lost to a Maryland team that's on par with OSU.
    UCONN is lost without Dyson
    Pitt played about as inspired as we did in their game against WVU.

UNC needed a last second three to beat FSU the last time they played.
    Maryland has already beaten Duke once.
    TU played Memphis to a point earlier.
    Sparty came within a possession of losing to IU about a week ago, and tOSU needs this game.
    Don't be shocked if SU pulls out the win over Louisville. SU's had the talent all along, it's just getting the play on the same sheet.

It will real interesting if all, or most, of these teams lose. I still think that we get a #2 and go to KC. Mizzou could move up to a 2 or 3 line, replacing KU.

20. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm not sure Mizzou can move up based on their easy path to the Big 12 tourney title. They didn't really add too much to their resume outside of beating OSU.