1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C'ya In August

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SoonerBorn68, Jan 2, 2007.

1. SoonerBorn68

SoonerBorn68 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well, now that the season is over it's time for the seasonal fans to fly away. You know, the people who haven't visited for a while & then show up ON gameday, or the day after, then bitch and complain about the coaching, motivation, schemes, etc. Go take your flag down, take off your hat, change your desktop wallpaper & move on.

You know who you are. Look at the left column. If you've got red spek, that's prolly a clue.

This season was suppose to be a break even one. We lost two players, the debacle in Eugene, AD got hurt, started out 3-2, and lost to UT. This team gelled, grew, and brought you, the fan, the right to buy a T-shirt that proclaims us, the Sooner nation, Big XII Champions.

11-3 people. 11 and 3. Big XII Championship. The bowl loss hurt, but it happened.

I'm sorry you'll catch **** at the office. Deal with it. I wear my Sooner hat every day. 365. I'm proud to be a Sooner & sometimes I get as good as I give. That's part of being a die hard. So we lost. Be proud of who you are or jump off the bandwagon.

Give Boise their props & go on.

2. sooner518

sooner518 New Member

I agree wholeheartedly. No team is ever going to win every single game. Sometimes the breaks just dont go your way. But in the end, we got a conference championship trophy and maybe a whole lot of motivation to kick some *** next year.

except for the part about "eleven" being spelled "elevin". That part I disagree with :D

3. SoonerBorn68

SoonerBorn68 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Fixed...sorta. :D

Damn emotions got in the way.

4. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Fire Chuck Long!

And bring back Mike! Let's offer him 5 times what Bama is offering Saban.

5. Dio

Dio SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I am sitll weaing my Sooner hat

6. mxATVracer10

mxATVracer10 New Member

I just had one of these "fans" here in the office tell me that he's glad he wont have to hear the words Paul Thompson ever again. Yeah, same guy that was preaching up his Big XII championship performance. It's amazing how fast some of these people turn their backs on the one's that got them there...

Oh well, that trophy was hideous looking anyways right ;)

:texan:

Flagstaffsooner likes this.
  7. starrca23

starrca23 New Member

I'm off today thank the Lord. The worst part will be the wonderfull aggie fans that will have to talk about how OU better watch out next year cause they won their bowl game.

8. soonerloyal

soonerloyal New Member

And the "prolly". The teacher in me reminds you to say "probably".

Seriously though - excellent post.

My Sooner teeshirts and jewelry are getting worn just as often as they ALWAYS do, year-round. ESPECIALLY since I'm stuck in 'Cane, 'Gator* and 'Nole country.

(*Go, Gators - Beat the Buckeyes!)

9. snp

snp New Member

Yup. It's going to be a lot more relaxing to hear people bitch about the basketball team only. Thankfully there's only about 10 of us who care about Baseball so I won't have to listen to the dolts yammer on about that as well.

10. sooner518

sooner518 New Member

well they are a team on the rise:eddie: :les:

11. oumartin

oumartin New Member

Time for the seasonal migration to the South Oval.

12. TheLlama

TheLlama New Member

Couldnt have said it better myself. Im proud of our boys with an 11-3 season. They played great this year.

13. soonerrn

soonerrn New Member

Proud to be a Sooner! They have a great 11-3 record with MANY situations that were dealt with admirably. This was a year of bad calls and bad news, but we came through it better than most would have. Will now go and grieve that I have to wait sooooo long to watch them!

14. tpatton

tpatton New Member

An excellent thread...lots of positives from lots of positive fans. I'm with you all...lets move on and look forward to 2007! Oh yeah...August my foot! I'm anxious for spring to see this hotshot QB we ousted out of Michigan State! By that time, recruiting will be over, and we will have LOTS to talk about! GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU, AND LINE SOONERBORN68 QUOTED....C'YA IN AUGUST!

15. Blues1

Blues1 New Member

No Matter What you Gotta Keep Rockin'....

Been a Die Hard fan for 54 Years Ain't Quitin' Now.....

I May Not post much for a few Months to take care of Family business, But I'll be back Soon as I Relocate and get my affairs in Order....In the Mean time Keep The Faith and Lets Rock Out for the 2007 Sooner Season....

Blues1

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  16. Wishboned

Wishboned New Member

When I lived in Florida it was during the dark times. I wore my Sooner gear year round and had to listen to the Gators, and the Seminoles, and the Hurricanes. Heck I was even starting to hear crap from UCF fans.

But I kept wearing it.

I'm not happy about the loss, but it beats the holy living hell out of not even making a bowl game.

17. Scotty

Scotty New Member

so....whens the red white game......??

18. soonerhillbilly

soonerhillbilly New Member

And then 2 hours later... been a member for awhile, just not many posts. Great Season, could have been a better finish for sure. But great Season! Still have my flags on my car, was at a stop light during lunch today and the guy in front of me turned around and gave me a thumbs up. He was wearing an OU hat ! BOOMER SOONER ! Looking forward to next season !

19. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Looking forward to the QB race. Hopefully the new QB can play well both in the regular season and in the bowl game.

See y'all at next years BCS NC game in Nawlins.

20. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

Plenty of room for everyone to bitch and moan over on the hoops board!:D