1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have a safe trip to College Station

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by lufkinaggie07, Nov 2, 2006.

1. lufkinaggie07

lufkinaggie07 New Member

Looking forward to having the Sooners in town this weekend, everyone have a safe trip and enjoy the game, there's a slight chance of rain on Saturday so come prepared.

2. monty

monty New Member

Werd...BTW, what's the easiest way out of H-town to Collie Station on a Friday evening?

3. trwxxa

trwxxa New Member

As with all traffic things in Houston. It depends on where in Houston and what time. Easiest is 290 to Highway 6, but 290 is a mess during rush hour(s) until you get to Fairfield.

If you are in Katy, go west on I-10 to Brookshire and then north on 359 to 290. Then head north on Highway 6.

If you are north of Houston, you can go to Conroe and take 105 west to Highway 6 or go to Huntsville and take Highway 30 west into B/CS.

4. monty

monty New Member

I think the advice to go west on I-10 may be a life saver. I certainly didn't want to go east on the damn thing then run into a hurrican evacuation event on 290. I-10 is un-freaking-believable. They should use that contra-flow technique all the time! Tomorrow is my Friday to work so i'll probably be leaving during rush hour. Hell...rush hour extends all the way to 7:30 pm around here. Hopefully, it will be a fairly quick trip. Thanks for the advice.

BOOMER!

5. Norman Sooner

Norman Sooner New Member

On the topic of how to get to College Station.....Whats the best way to get to College Station from Huntsville? How long is the drive? Lufkin Aggie??You there?

6. raptor

raptor New Member

Highway 30....west

7. lufkinaggie07

lufkinaggie07 New Member

Norman, sorry I had a test to study for, West 30 takes about 45 minutes from Huntsville to College Station.

Norman Sooner likes this.
  8. 12

12 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Anyone taking Highway 6, especially north from Houston, please be alert. There is a lot of construction going on... too many fatalities on that road lately. It is a dangerous stretch. If nothing else, do the posted speed limit between Navasota and College Station. Arrive alive.

9. trwxxa

trwxxa New Member

12 is correct. Be extra careful along this stretch, especially if you are heading south after the game Saturday night.

10. poke4christ

poke4christ New Member

Good luck and have a safe trip sooners. Kick the crap out of the aggs. I'm still hoping for a ****** that decides the Big 12 south. I'll be down in Austin for our game, hopefully we're not ahead by 28 at the half :rolleyes: :D.

Zach

11. North Texas Ag

North Texas Ag New Member

Tried to start a new thread but won't open up .

For any of you who are planning to come from north of the red river this saturday be advised of the following

In FT WORTH there is a big race weekend at the Texas Motor Speedway. Traffic around that thing is awful. I strongly urge you to take 35E thru Dallas . However, please give yourself extra time through Dallas as I-30 WILL BE CLOSED ON BOTH EAST AND WEST BOUND FROM 35E TO Texas 360 in Arlington to replace two bridges. This will make for sure congestion in downtown Dallas as 30 traffic is diverted as well as when you get to I-20 on the south side of Dallas ..

Be careful on Highway 6 between Waco and College Station as the local yokels patrol H E A V Y on gamedays. Especially at Riesel ( outside of Waco ) Calvert and Hearne.....In other words run with the flow and don't get a heavy foot unless you wish to feed those little towns

Have a safe trip