1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You go, Dan Cody!

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by LifelongSooner, Jan 18, 2006.

1. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I thought Dan got interviewed about that, actually... If memory serves, he didn't deny it, but said that things on the field should stay on the field. This goes more in line with the idea that Leinart is a complete ***. Not only does he whine all the time, but he then rubs something like that in Dan's face when common etiquette dictates that he should stfu. I bet even his own team was ashamed of him.

2. Big Red Ron

Big Red Ron SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Let's not forget that Dan Cody was one of the true Freshman on the field when our defense shout out the last, "Best offense in the history of college football," in the 2000 Orange Bowl.

3. FlatheadSooner

FlatheadSooner New Member

Right on. Thanks for enlightening me.

Didn't mean to stoke a fire here.

Still a huge fan of DC.
    :)

4. Big Red Ron

Big Red Ron SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Also, Dan's comments were made after Leinhart was throwing another long pass (thus stopping the clock) with a huge lead. It's called class SC. Winning with class does not include throwing bombs with a 30+ lead.

5. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm not subtly jabbing at anyone. I just wanted to throw another piece of info out there I didn't even know people were getting heated about this. It HAS been over a year, guys. ;)

6. FlatheadSooner

FlatheadSooner New Member

No jabs here either. There were many replies with good points of view and explanations. I just picked yours to give a sincere thanks to all who added to the information. :)

I also collected some neg speks along the way for my bringing up this issue. Sorry ya'll if I offended.

NormanPride likes this.
  7. tbl

tbl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I remember that exact line, but it was in the 4th quarter... late in the 4th quarter. I know that for a fact b/c I started driving back to my house somewhere mid 3rd and didn't get home until there were just a couple of minutes left.

Why are we dredging this up? Can we not just be pumped about seeing an awesome Sooner work his butt off to succeed in the NFL? I hope he tears people up next year. I've already decided to put him on my draft list for fantasy football.

8. shavedmarmoset

shavedmarmoset New Member

The one Cody moment that sticks in my mind is in the A&M game in '04. The defense was getting tired then Dan gave a fiery speech to get the defense back on track and right after the speech he fainted from the adrenaline.

Next thing I know, he gets out on the field and sacks Reggie McNeal. What a great way to step up your game!

9. MiccoMacey

MiccoMacey Well-Known Member

Dan Cody once gave me a kidney, God bless him.

10. MojoRisen

MojoRisen New Member

Yep, he fainted on National TV, people started saying he was on anti depressants and shiaaat like that - then he got back in the game and stuffed em - looked like a little league play- meaning he dominated and crushed people and goal line at that.

This is clearly why I love Dan Cody - and why he is a role model for Oklahoma football! BOOOOOMER SOOOOOOOONER

11. LifelongSooner

LifelongSooner New Member

Well, this is a perfect example of a thread hijacking. This was supposed to be a *safe* subject for me to check back in on. What I posted was a story about how well DC had been doing, and how hard he was working. SAFE SUBJECT.

Now, when I check back on it tonight, look what we're talking about now. THAT GAME.

In addition to our special Tuesdays, we need to set up a board where the only subject/topic/threads are about THAT GAME. That way, people who are still in mourning about THAT GAME don't have to get salt rubbed in their open, festering, painful wounds. They expect "it" to be talked about on that board, and are prepared for it. No ambush, no surprise.

Man, I'm going to have to go call my therapist, AGAIN.

12. MojoRisen

MojoRisen New Member

There once was a man from Nantucket his **** was so long he could **** it. He set up a grin and whiped *** from his chin if his ear was a **** he would **** it.

13. SkipTracer

SkipTracer New Member

:eek:

14. Texas Golfer

Texas Golfer SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I can't believe y'all actually spent two pages talking about that sh!t.

Of all the things Dan has done for this university, y'all spend two pages talking about something he supposedly said in jest? I'd rather talk about the quality of his play during his time at OU.