1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU Should Copyright Traditions

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by PrideAlum, Dec 18, 2015.

1. PrideAlum

PrideAlum Member

Am I the only one who’s tired of other schools stealing our traditions and then claiming that it’s an original at its school?

Three traditions OU should have copyrighted.

One: Clemson is the latest school to steal an OU tradition and then have the nerve to say it’s an original idea.
    http://www.oudaily.com/sports/oklah...cle_603b122c-a4fe-11e5-a43b-efd1c3d93314.html

Two: “Play like a Champion today” – Notre Dame has is done it’s very best to steal it. If ND wants to use it fine, just don’t claim it as a Notre Dame original. Come on Mr. Holtz you know where it came from. Be honest and own up to it.

Three: The Four fingers up starting the fourth Quarter. Damn near every school in the country does this today but it first appeared during the 1979 OU / Nebraska game. If anyone could find the Barry Switzer TV show with the great Howard Newman the following week Switzer talks about it in detail.

I for one don’t mind if another school uses our traditions JUST DON’T claim it as original property.

A couple of other things I think we could claim but I can’t prove it.

The no huddle fast pace offense. Another Bud Wilkenson idea. Somewhere is documentation that states that in the 1953 Orange bowl OU was blocking the Maryland defensive players while they were still in its defensive huddle. – cool.

Somebody can correct me on this, but didn’t Bob actually reintroduced the fast past no huddle offense at the college level back in 2008? Of course he doesn’t get any credit for this.

The split T formation was first introduced by Bud.

Any others?

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

For all future angst on who invented what:
    [youtube]DWoS1piwmLU[/youtube]

"OKLAHOMA INVENTED IT." ~Barry Switzer

3. Crimson Kid

Crimson Kid Active Member

A former sooner has applied for a copy right on "We to deep" i heard. Think it's runnels because he was on the radio the other days saying they did that chant we he was here playing.

4. Flagstaffsooner

Flagstaffsooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

texa$$ and osu are fighting in the courts over who originally came up with sticking their heads up their a$$es and acting like jerks.

I bet the courts rule that notre damn originally came up with it.

5. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well Flagstaff, we agree on lots of stuff, but never so much as with this quote. Those 3 teams are forever embedded at the top of my sh*t list. Domer is the dregs for me, with orange aggy stinking up the next spot, and whorn dragging their disgusting as*es into the 3 spot:

"texa$$ and osu are fighting in the courts over who originally came up with sticking their heads up their a$$es and acting like jerks.

I bet the courts rule that notre damn originally came up with it." -Flagstaffsooner

Flagstaffsooner likes this.
  6. soonergirlNeugene

soonergirlNeugene New Member

Clemson fans trying to steal that tradition as well.

7. Flagstaffsooner

Flagstaffsooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I forgot to mention suc. :biggrin:

8. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Consider it mentioned.

9. Soonerfan88

Soonerfan88 Well-Known Member

Actually, I believe some ND fan has already copyrighted or trademarked or whatever the "Play Like A Champion Today" and sells ND merchandise with it.

10. MichiganSooner

MichiganSooner Well-Known Member

What about the Oklahoma Drill?

11. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

Can you trademark winning? If so we should.

12. It does not fit as a copyright. Could have been trademarked if done before anyone else started using it. This late it would be hard to get the trademark if contested by others also using it.

13. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Does this mean we have to give back the Boomer Sooner tune (Boola Boola) who we stole it from Yale ?

Has any other school laid claim to the horse-pigs ?

I miss 'Lil Red and Top Dawg

5-0

14. Serenity Now

Serenity Now Well-Known Member

I think some professional wrestling outfit made the 4 finger thing a "thing".

Now that everyone does it, why do it. Kind of like facial hair anymore.

15. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

Hey, I had a beard before it was cool.

16. Pride1Mom

Pride1Mom Member

Mac Brown wanted the OU fans to quit doing the upside down hook'em horns, because he said it was being disrespectful. DUH!!! Waving wheat, pistols firing are also being copied by other schools...I won't mention them here......