1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Real Sports' Segment Mentioning OU Football

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerwake, Mar 25, 2014.

1. GDC

GDC New Member

Bwahaha…good job of shutting the whorn down!

2. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Nazi Rocket Science QB at UT?

Damn impressive! You guys should print more Keep Norman Dumb shirts.

3. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I've watched the episode. I don't believe everything I hear/see on TV. I'll stick to my point; I don't know why he left the position, but I highly doubt it was out of guilt. He is still on staff at OU, if it bothered him that much, why didn't he leave?! I'll give you the answer...because it didn't.

4. NorthernIowaSooner

NorthernIowaSooner New Member

Perhaps he should've worked really hard to find a finance class to take.

Perhaps UT could set up a partner program https://www.twu.edu/genstudies/, UT players meet the general requirement.

5. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Something tells me we've seen the last of Herr in this thread.

6. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

so, Herr, young earned a degree in education, which I have...how did he do on his tests for certification?

He'll end up being a classroom aide to coach football. $10 an hour for the aide job, $35,000 to coach football...if he can even do that.

7. Jason White's Third Knee

Jason White's Third Knee SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What a ******. You mean that texas doesn't have any softball degrees for morons like VY? Great to hear from you again Herr.

Edit: As I read through the thread, I eventually saw that Herr was easily dispatched. I defer to Boomer McSooner. Can we trade Herr for Lid?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  8. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

9. picasso

10. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

I really hope that you were giggling uncontrollably when you typed this. Laughing about how you were over here trolling the Sooner fans and all...

if not, you might be the most naive **** to have ever attended ut. srsly.

11. picasso

Was his last comment in reply to me? If so, he completely missed my point.

12. Soonerwake

Soonerwake New Member

Post of the year.. I have never seen a self-righteous, we are the almighty, horn go away so fast. Wow!!

13. Herr Scholz

Herr Scholz SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sorry, was just doing a drive by last week. I never claimed every degree plan at UT was rocket science. Some are definitely more rigorous than others. I simply claimed that A) our student athletes are at least forced to earn theirs as evidenced by our respective numbers of academically ineligible players year in and year out - that's where the academic integrity comment entered into this and B) we don't have a general studies "invent your own theme" degree like at OU with this "multi-disciplinary" fraud and joke of a degree (your former athlete and advisor's words btw, not mine).

At least our degrees have specific plans and every student has to earn it. Oh, and we're also ranked in the top 100 universities in the country. So there's also that...

8timechamps likes this.
  14. CobraKai

CobraKai New Member

What really ends the debate is that Vince got a 6-7 on the Wonderlic. According to the organization that administers the test, 10 is considered "literate." In other words, Texas graduated an illiterate guy. Additionally, as Herr has pointed out, Texas has NO easy paths for athletes. This means that an illiterate person can graduate from Texas without any special treatment.

15. Herr Scholz

Herr Scholz SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I love how you guys just call Vince "dumb" and think that ends the debate. A) That score was quoted as incorrect and B) He scored a 16 or something when administered correctly. The fact remains that OU is a juco football factory. Blame HBO for running the story. Blame your former advisor for calling that degree plan "fraud". Blame your former player for calling it "worthless". While you're at it, blame ESPN for putting Stoops on blast for yanking that injured Matt Beyer's scholarship. I guess it's never the fault of OU, just the messenger. But hang your hat on VY some more. That's what you'll do anyway.

16. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We could choose one of the many other scholar athletes who supplement their insufficient stipends through sales of narcotics, general theft or armed robbery.
    I mean I know Austin is expensive, but sheesh.

17. picasso

VY is an easy target because he somehow managed to stay enrolled at such an impeccable, first class institution.
    You have your head in the sand if you think all of your football players are first class scholars.
    I'm also constantly imoressed by your hard-on for Stoops. You pick and choose with your criticisms and turn a blind eye to examples of players he's kept on scholarship although physically unable to play any longer.
    You're cool.

18. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Who Give s Rats ***? Yer still Saxet, You still wear UGLY assed Orange and you Still Suck.

19. BoomerMcSooner

BoomerMcSooner New Member

What do LSU and Texas have in common? Higher numbers of football players flunking.
    What do Stanford and Oklahoma have in common? Lower numbers of football players flunking than Texas or LSU.

You really want to claim LSU has more academic integrity than Stanford by virtue having more flunking football players?

Fine...

In that case, let's christen the Herr Scholz Law of Academic Integrity (TM): More failing football players = greater academic integrity...Less failing football players = less academic integrity.

According to Herr Scholz' Law, if Strong or future Texas coaches do not maintain the high level of flunking football players that existed in the Mack Brown era, it will be evidence of Texas abandoning academic integrity and letting players skate by.

It will be funny to watch you weasel out of your law when a future Texas coach puts more emphasis on academic accountability.

20. BoomerMcSooner

BoomerMcSooner New Member

It was funny watching Longhorns convince themselves that Mack Brown's "no JUCO" philosophy had something to do with academic integrity prior to 2012...

But given Texas' recent push to sign JUCOs, it is just kind of sad to watch ignorant Horns cling to their delusions.

Hookem.com: Horns target junior college recruits like never before