1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monday poll: Bob Stoops' next national championship

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by badger, Jun 24, 2013.

?

When will Bob Stoops win another national title at OU?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2013.
  1. This season is the season!

11 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. In the next 5 seasons, but not this season.

22 vote(s)
    41.5%
  3. Before he retires, but not the next 5 seasons.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bob's not going to win another at OU, sadly

20 vote(s)
    37.7%
  1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

You only had to wait till year 2 for his first national championship.

How long do you predict the wait will be for championship 2?

3 days of anonymous voting!

2. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

where is the "at his next job" option?

3. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I didn't vote, but am not very optimistic. Our recruiting has fallen back a bit(new coaches MIGHT make it better, though), and the SEC SEC SEC is on a tear, with LOTS of great recruits in that area, and several schools with very good coaches.

4. badger

don't really care about other schools as far as football titles go. :)

i figured this poll could cure a bit of offseason boredom

5. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Would like to have a "Next five seasons" choice, instead
    of "not this season". It'll all depend, imo, if the players
    buy into Mike's defense completely. Offense and special
    teams will be fine. Defense DOES win championships,
    offense sells tickets!

6. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

If Lessmilage can Back into one at LSU with 2 losses then we Can damn sure win another THIS year.

7. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Welp, ya already said that we'd be undefeated and that was yer
    opinion unless we lost er sumpin lik that!:excitement:

8. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

I don't think he'll ever win another one...because I don't think he'll make the personnel/scheme changes needed to win one.

9. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Ya but yer just a Navigator, WTF do YOU know?

10. MyT Oklahoma

MyT Oklahoma New Member

Thank God there are a few other people left around here who have some faith in Bob as I do.

I hear the doubters loud and clear and I don't fault you for your opinions.

Only time will tell and we shall see.

11. thecrimsoncrusader

thecrimsoncrusader New Member

The past two seasons, Coach Stoops has finally shown the will to make changes. I think a combination of moving to mobile QBs and making changes on defense will get Oklahoma where it needs to be again with a BCS championship win within the next 5 years.

Vulnerables and Shipp failures left Mike Stoops in a very bad place that he will have to climb out of, but fortunately, that process starts this season. I'm not sold on Kish though, but that's another story. And Oklahoma isn't focusing on 6'5" and 200lb.+ receivers just for the heck of it of late, they're looking to get more physical across the board in the running game.

12. thecrimsoncrusader

He just did in this off-season.

13. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

Not much...that's why I do what I do for a living...they refuse to give me REAL responsibility over an airplane.

14. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

All that is left for Bob to do to prove he is willing to make the necessary changes: FIRE KISH! That guy isn't worth the charmin he wipes his *** with.

15. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

And this will guarantee another NC? Sheez. Some of y'all need help.

He'll win one if the Jimmies and Joes are good enough. That's it. Well that, and a wee bit o' Sooner Magic. Like a Torrance Marshall interception for a TD when the game was pretty much lost. That's what wins NCs, not firing coach XX.

16. thecrimsoncrusader

There was still 7 minutes and 42 seconds in that game at the time of the pick and ATM was at mid-field and Farris didn't even complete 50% of his passes on the day. On top of that, Oklahoma's offense also got on track in the second half offensively. It was a great play and deservedly belongs in Sooner lore, but the game was far from over even before that play occurred.

17. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

You obviously didn't watch the game live. They pwned us that day. Going back and looking up stats from games that happened while you were ****tin yellow doesn't mean dick. How about the 4 straight passes Derrick Strait broke up at the end of the game against OSU? A 5' something player guarding a 6'4" tight end? Huge.

Players win championships by making plays at critical times. Coaches just put them in the position to do it.

18. Seamus

Seamus New Member

[video=youtube;Fh0F41AvO_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh0F41AvO_Q[/video]

19. badger

Why did I ever quit doing these?

Remember last year when I made you all decide which Heisman statue you liked best. Ahhh, sweet Internet torture. Waaaahhh, I love all of them! Sam's statue sucks! Why can't I vote for more than one?!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

20. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

It's gonna take Sooner Magic to win #8... and there's no predicting Sooner Magic.

8timechamps likes this.