1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alex Jones

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by 8timechamps, May 21, 2013.

1. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Has this guy ever been sane?

He's "not sure if the tornado was a natural act, or if the government had something to do with it"...What?!

LINK

2. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Thanks alot I had never heard of that wack job before. Now I know to ignore him.

3. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Is this guy laughing all the way to the bank, the nuthouse, or both?

It's a shame he exists.

4. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

I detest Alex Jones. I know that because of my political leanings it would be natural for me to love the guy, but I think he's a lunatic.

5. olevetonahill

Like I said, I had never heard of him Sic, But from what little I just read I dont "THINK", I "KNOW", hes a lunatic.

6. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Who TF is he? Someone 'splain him pls., as Iv'e never heard of him...is he the son of Mother Jones, of leftist magazine fame??

7. diverdog

diverdog New Member

Most of the Ron Paul supporters in Delaware follow him and his Infowars website.

8. Midtowner

Midtowner New Member

Why is this so weird to you guys?

He's the same sort of idiot who has been saying Obama is a Kenyan Muslim all along and that was fine.. why the change of heart?

9. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

You've got to find some of his stuff on YouTube.

Here's what's crazy about him, he actually has some views I agree with on some issues, but then he goes so far off the deep end on others that there is no way to take him seriously. Some of his stuff makes you just sit and wonder what in the hell he is on.

10. MR2-Sooner86

MR2-Sooner86 Well-Known Member

He also said Bush was behind 9/11.

11. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

If someone could manufacture a tornado, it would be a pretty powerful weapon. They were saying yesterday that the EF-5 was a more powerful force than the Hiroshima bomb.

But, scientists still haven't figured out what exactly the purpose in nature of tornadoes is, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to try to re-create one.

12. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We could do a whole thread on why this period in our history seems to be more prone to conspiracy theories than was previously the case. Or maybe it's always been this way, we just hear more of it these days because of the internet. I remember my first political steps and getting into conversations with Birchers and other pre-historic tea partiers who were absolutely convinced that New England Republicans were busy all day, every day selling us out to international cabals. In those days it was swiss bankers, The Illuminati and the Tri-Lateral Commission. Some people just need more hot sauce on daily life, I guess.

13. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

My guess is the bank. I think his followers are mostly paranoid schizophrenics.

There are enough insane people that there's money to be made by telling them what they want to hear.

14. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Or echoing what's already being said inside their heads.

15. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Heh.

16. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

He was discussed briefly in the boston thread.

For a second I wondered if he and his ilk were going to go off on some conspiracy theory relating to the tornadoes. I figured because this is a conservative state and the absurdity of such a claim he wouldn't touch this one. I was wrong.

As I said before, I think a lot of these people we see on TV are really a lot more rational than they come off as being. They just know how to play the public for money. They're sort of like the heavy metal bands of the '70s and '80s - playing a role for money.

17. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

Its purpose is to conserve angular momentum. I'm not sure why anything in nature (outside of evolution due to it feedback nature) requires a purpose.

There are theories that the laws of nature evolve over time but these aren't mainstream. For the most part, the non-biological world just does whatever it does. The biological world evolves to react to its surroundings.

I know the word powerful is a generic term that doesn't necessarily relate to the scientific concept of power but to be precise it's a more energetic system than an atomic bomb. In terms of power it's not close. Thunderstorms generally have a lot more energy than an atomic bomb but this energy is spread out over great time and distance. That reduces the devastation it can cause. A tornado does collapse much of this energy down to a smaller area and time scale but still nothing like an atomic weapon.

I don't mean to be pedantic but I'd hate to leave the impression a Hiroshima bomb wouldn't be more devastating.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  18. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

We do hear more about it but I think the Internet also acts as a positive feedback loop. Crazy people have their ideas validated and are introduces to new ideas via the Internet.

If you've ever read any of the conspiracy message boards you'll see that they all confirm each other and they begin to see non-conspiracy people (sane people) as either insane, ignorant, or naive.

19. olevetonahill

So kinda like how matlock and most of you libs looks at the rest of us?

RedStripe likes this.
  20. jkjsooner

jkjsooner New Member

I don't think you're crazy and don't really have anything negative to say about you. I've gotten into it with you maybe once or twice but I've also gotten some comforting responses from you when a death in the family occurred. I don't know you at all but you seem to be a good guy and I respect the heck that you served our country in Vietnam. I do think you're a little hard on Matlock but it's not really my business.

Now if by "us" you're talking about a couple of other posters (such as one who posted in this thread and tried to attribute Alex Jones to liberals) then I'd answer yes.