1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shutout

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by thatmediadude, Sep 2, 2012.

1. thatmediadude

thatmediadude New Member

First, I know we played like crap last night, but the positive is, UTEP didn't get into the endzone last night. Jeffery broke that one long run that Colvin shoestring tackled him on at at around the 30, but other than that, UTEP didn't get near the endzone. (Thank goodness their kicker stinks). It's week 1. Not saying we played flawlessly on defense cause we gave up over 200 rushing yards. However, pitching a "shutout" is something to stay positive about. I am concerned about our defensive tackle play cause it seemed UTEP could do what they wanted up the middle. Lots of improvements, but overall, we held them outta the endzone.

1-0 is a lot better than 0-1.

Til the day I die, BOOMER SOONER BABY!

2. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

If you go back and look at the play, Aaron Franklin missed the tackle at the line of scrimmage, otherwise that long run doesn't happen. So, it's absolutely correctable. In fact, most of the problems we saw last night are fixable. No major injuries, the defense never let a WR run free in the secondary, they also pitched a shut out, and (most importantly) we got the "W", and live to fight another day.

We really won't know how good we are until we face K-State. But, at least we know we'll be playing in front of 80+ thousand Sooner faithful.

3. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

DL has a long way to go. The coverage was better than it has been, though.

4. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

The ends looked good dontcha' think? We need Walker and McGee back, otherwise we're probably going to see a lot of big gains up the middle.

5. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Good news, I got Laid last night
    Bad news, It was the fat ugly drunk neighbor woman:smiley_simmons:

6. Tiptonsooner

Tiptonsooner Well-Known Member

Any port in a storm.....

7. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You must have been drunk enough to cope :)

8. Jason White's Third Knee

Jason White's Third Knee SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Bet I've had worse.

9. 85sooners

85sooners New Member

10. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Sorry I don't quite understand what you are saying about the bad news part,

11. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

Kinda like our game
    It was Ugly but got the jorb done

12. Always_Sooner

Always_Sooner New Member

OU has got to develop some depth at the defensive tackle position. Secondly, I hope the offensive gains Landry's trust. I remember the first game in 2010 that Landry was scrambling all over the pocket; because he didn't trust the line....