1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Walking Dead Season 2 Debriefing Thread

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by soonerhubs, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Pricetag

Pricetag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

When Rick killed the one walker by shooting through the dead one's mouth, that was pure greatness. I thought it was interesting the way that one was swatting his gun away before--walkers seem a tad bit smarter than Romero zombies.

The two police walkers were pretty important to the story.

I don't know if Rick was really planning on leaving Shane or not, but if he was, the symbolism of them made him go back for him.

No bites on those walkers, Shane pointed out. Either Rick is right about the scratches, or you don't have to be infected by a walker to become one after death.

2. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

Logically, there has to be an unbitten biter at some point. Unless it's zombies all the way down.

However, Shane cutting his hand and rubbing it ALL OVER a place where zombies had just been rubbing seemed like a massively stupid thing to do.

3. Pricetag

Heh, which came first, the zombie, or the . . .egg?

Any kind of voluntary cutting in a world no longer producing antibiotics isn't very smart, though.

4. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Great episode.

Where the hell is Herschel?

I liked Andrea for a long time, but I'm over that. She's as delusional as Shane, and fits perfect with him. I'm not a huge Lori fan, but I'd choose her over Andrea in that situation. At least Lori tries to put some stability into the group.

All of the hatred toward Randall seems a little unfounded to me. I know he was with the group, and apparently shooting at Rick, Glenn and Herschel, but given the situation it's a little understandable. Otherwise, he seems sorta harmless. I believe his story, and that he just latched onto the previous group because he was alone. Seems like they would be a little more understanding (at least Rick). Still not sure if he'll end up as part of the group or not.

Rick's 'through-one-head-into-another' shot was pure greatness. I also liked when Shane stuck his knife in the zombie's head and couldn't get it out. I knew he was going to get out of the situation, but that made it a little more intense.

Shane is in a dark place, no doubt. It's going to be really hard for his character to go from where he is, back to a trustworthy member of the group. It'll be interesting to see how, or if that happens.

Next week looks awesome!

5. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

I don't think Shane is gonna "come around"... I predict this will end badly for him. Too bad, because the character has added a lot to the group until his behavior has gotten more bizarre.

The Randall issue seems fishy. He spent a week or so recuperating at Hershel's farm and never revealed that he knew the family? Maggie didn't remember him or look in an old yearbook?

The abscence of all the other characters seemed awkward. Did the storyline even offer up a where-they-were scenario?

But the zombie combat was all good. :tennis:

So when will what Dr. Jenner whispered be revealed? At the end of season two? :nonchalance:

6. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

I thought they mentioned this in the first season at the CDC. I'd have to go back and watch to be sure, but I thought the scientist there talked a bit about "Patient Zero" who was the inital carrier.

7. Pricetag

Jenner showed them the research on TS (test subject) 19, his wife. I don't remember him talking about the origin of it.

I'm down on Andrea, too, mostly because she's a poseur. Shane does his thing unapolgetically. Andrea tries to be all rough and tough, but when something serious happens, she loses it. Case in point the suicidal girl. She argues strongly for the girl's right to end her life, lets her go, and then kinda freaked out when something bad happened, only to discover she was right in the end.

8. SicEmBaylor

I laughed my *** off when Rick was telling Shane that, come winter, they could maybe look for some snow mobiles to get around in if there is as much snow as last winter.

HAHAHAHA, yeah, I bet snow mobiles will be a piece of cake to find in Georgia. :D

9. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Maybe it's me, but I do not recognize that girl who went into shock and tried to slit her wrist. I'm sure she was with the family before, but she doesn't look familiar.

Also, where has T-dog been the last few episodes? They might have shown him once.

10. SoonerJack

SoonerJack New Member

I thought the same thing. Snowmobiles in Georgia? Seriously. Now if they would have said dirt bikes, yes. But snowmobiles? good gravy

11. 8timechamps

I didn't notice her either, but I knew there were a few extra family members when they got there, so I guess she was one of them. Weird how she kinds became a focus last week.
    Speaking of the extra family members, wasn't there a younger guy on the farm? Did I miss him dying?

Didn't see T-Dog, Herschel or Daryl last week. I'm telling you, T-Dog isn't getting any love!!! The man is keepin' him down.

12. Pricetag

Dale is hardly ever on lately, too, it seems. If he is, it's always to give one of those looks that say 1,000 words.

Wasn't it funny how Dale had his suspicion about Shane and Otis, and he told everyone, and everyone accepted it as fact, despite Shane's empassioned and believable words about Otis's sacrifice at his service?

13. 8timechamps

Dale got a little annoying there for a while. It just seemed like every time he was featured, he was either telling Andrea to "watch out", or warning everyone about Shane. I didn't mind the break from him.

I thought it was strange too that everyone accepted the story of Otis demise as fact (once Dale told Lori). Then again, when confronted, Shane had no problem owning it.

14. SoonerBeerMan

SoonerBeerMan New Member

15. Frozen Sooner

16. SicEmBaylor

In all honesty, I don't care for any of the characters. I have a hard time relating to any of them based on their actions. I think the kid has a better head on him than anyone.

I think Rick is too soft but Shane is too radical -- there isn't a character that is a good moderate alternative.

17. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think it was even mentioned a couple of times in this thread. I've not read the comics but I had expected it to happen at some point.

18. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

Blurb for the March 4 Episode, Judge, Jury, Executioner: Rick sides with Shane causing Dale to worry the group is losing its humanity; Carl's actions have unintended consequences.

19. Frozen Sooner

****in' Carl.

20. Pricetag

No kidding. He had some real Andrea moments this week. I wonder if Randall will find the gun he left behind at the river when he gets away?

And the mystery of Daryl's, "Sorry, brother" is solved. Dale's death was another HUGE departure from the comics.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012