1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When was the last time we played a Big 10 school?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by JohnnyMack, Dec 9, 2011.

1. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Northwestern?

2. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

Nebraska last year :D

Yeah looks like Northwestern 08/23/97

3. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

You know Johnny....before that College Football really was in a whole lot different situation. Before the BCS there was a loyalty between conferences. Big Ten played Pac1o in the Rose Bowl and unless some teams scheduled a real big non-conference game with us.....you had Tulsa, Rice, Arkansas State, Baylor...etc. Yeah there are some memorable games out there....Ohio State, UCLA, Pitt, USC (before they became SUC), Miami

But the real game everyone looked for was us vs. Nebraska or the OU/Texas Game.

Things have really changed in College Football since the BCS came to pass.

4. Phil

Phil Administrator Staff Member

Articles:
    You know, now that I think about it, I don't believe I have been to a Sooner game at a Big 10 campus. Nebbish doesn't count. When we played Northwestern, we played them at Soldier Field. Compare that with having been to half of the Pac-12 stadia.

5. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

We played Iowa not too long ago...

[​IMG]

6. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

True, it did occur since the last ice age.
    :)

7. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

We have a whole lot better chance of playing and scheduling meaningful Non-Conf. Games and playing Teams in other Conferences now, especially with the way the Bowl Games are fixed.

There's no comparison to then vs. now.

8. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

It's not comparable for sure Phil.

Even these games in Jerry World and Arrowhead are really great venues but I think it does take away from getting a Home and Away with these Teams done. The Alabama Deal and the Florida State deals were really awesome and we didn't need to sell off our souls to a pro-venue to get them done.

I'd go to either but I'd rather see Home and Aways on Campus if possible.

9. LASooner

LASooner Active Member

Hover Coach don't Care.