1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T Boone Pickens: Big 12-3 needs to think big and add TCU, Houston, Rice, and SMU

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Sooner1972, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Sooner1972

Sooner1972 New Member

Discussing what the conference should do regarding the three members that have left and a potential Mizzou exit, Pickens just tweeted this (which has already been picked up by CBS and ESPN):

boonepickens T. Boone Pickens
    by McMurphyCBS
    #Big12 - if you want to talk expansion you have to think TCU. If you want to talk bigger, Houston makes sense. Even bigger? Rice and SMU.

Thanks Boren. You have absolutely relegated this fine institution into the doldrums for many years to come. Rather than further cultivate our growth in many sports and academically, we are now hoping to "think even bigger" in hopes that Rice and SMU join us in this hell hole.

2. sooneredaco

sooneredaco New Member

Boone is an idiot

Breadburner likes this.
  3. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

*facepalm*

4. Breadburner

Breadburner Well-Known Member

@OP are you stupid....???

5. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Normally I'd glare and moan about the fact that another conference reallignment has been started, but sure, let's talk about Boone Pickens and the fact that he can't keep. his. mouth. SHUT!

Sept 2: Dallas Morning News:

Sept 3: Austin-American Statesman:

Sept. 5: Deseret News:
    Sept. 17: Tulsa World:

Sept 21: CBSSports.com:

And just today: All over the AP wire:

As the Boone Pickens Stadium PA system said every time our band played Boomer Sooner last season, "SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!"

6. Sooner98

Sooner98 New Member

"Even bigger" = Rice and SMU.

Good heavens.

7. cherokeebrewer

cherokeebrewer New Member

Just what we need, three more Texas schools...ugh.

8. cherokeebrewer

cherokeebrewer New Member

or four...I'm dizzy from it all.

9. SoonerMom2

SoonerMom2 New Member

Who is in charge of OSU -- Hargis or Pickens -- my money is on Boone! Wouldn't you hate to be the President and have a Booster running his mouth all the time. Worst thing is that the media caters to him. UGH.

Sooner1972 likes this.
  10. humblesooner

humblesooner New Member

The only two differences between Pickens expressing his opinions about re-alignment and me expressing mine, are a few billion dollars (his) and a few billion brain cells (mine).
    Boone is a fan and booster. I am a fan and a booster.

ouwasp and Sooner1972 like this.
  11. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Pickens needs to shut his pie hole. Why does anyone care what he thinks? Apparently ESPN thinks we do.

12. badger

We really can't trust OSU anymore, can we? Anytime we try to work with them and give them information, their leadership feels obligated to tell Boone everything, and then, Boone tells everything to the world. :(

Till he starts giving millions/billions to OU, I say we cut OSU out of future discussions concerning the future conference of OU. That way, no worries about Boone blabbing.

Feel bad, Boone? You're not even an Oklahoman anymore.

13. TexasEx4OU

TexasEx4OU New Member

I'm still processing the apparent fact that Boone tweets...

8timechamps likes this.
  14. Mississippi Sooner

Mississippi Sooner New Member

Exactly. I know he likes to project the image of being on the cutting edge of technology and all, but I have a hard time picturing a guy old enough to be my dad tweeting his thoughts and whims to the world.

15. rekamrettuB

rekamrettuB New Member

He's hired a team that tweets for him.

16. rekamrettuB

rekamrettuB New Member

You're 60?

17. Mississippi Sooner

Mississippi Sooner New Member

[hairGel] !!!

18. Even though I wouldn't mind adding TCU and Houston, adding those teams means about 4 additional TVs than before..

19. cleller

cleller SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He's a self-fulfilling media magnet. He bought his way into the conversation, and just keeps running his mouth. He has no ability to realize how selfish, obnoxious, and rude he is. He has no authority to make decisions, yet overshadows Hargis every chance he gets.

Its like paying someone to talk to you, pathetic.

20. badger

Like that Family Guy episode on Sunday of Peter Griffin winning the lottery and finding new ways to treat everyone like crap. :mad:

Glad he's OSU's problem mostly. I just wish he wasn't partially ours too.