PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Jan Brewer signs bill to get tough on illegal immigration

Pages : 1 2 [3]

RACHEL MADDOW is my clone
5/12/2010, 03:23 PM
LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT!!!

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THEVENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S.BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET

1 - A JOB,
2 - A DRIVERS LICENSE,
3 - SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
4 - WELFARE,
5 - FOOD STAMPS,
6 - CREDIT CARDS,
7 - SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
8 - FREE EDUCATION,
9 - FREE HEALTH CARE,
10 - A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
11 - BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
12 - AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION.

Do we really want to be like those other countries, though? Since when did the US want to be like Cuba, Iran, or North Korea?

Leroy Lizard
5/12/2010, 03:34 PM
Singapore: Under the Immigration Act (Cap 133), the penalties for overstaying and illegal entry is a jail term up to six months and caning of at least 3 strokes. The penalties for employing immigration offenders is a jail term between six months and two years and a fine up to $6000.

And you don't even want to know what they do to pot smokers. :D

TUSooner
5/12/2010, 03:53 PM
For illegal entry into the United States, the maximum penalty is two years, unless you have committed certain crimes prior to a previous deportation, then the max is 20 years. 8 USC sec. 1326.

That "You get lots of free ****!" is parrot droppings. But since when does anyone expect any sense from RLimC ?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/12/2010, 06:38 PM
That "You get lots of free ****!" is parrot droppings. Why would you say something obviously wrong like that?

JLEW1818
5/12/2010, 06:53 PM
taco mayo beans

Leroy Lizard
5/12/2010, 07:04 PM
For illegal entry into the United States, the maximum penalty is two years, unless you have committed certain crimes prior to a previous deportation, then the max is 20 years. 8 USC sec. 1326.

But when Singapore says it, they actually mean it.

Okla-homey
5/12/2010, 08:07 PM
LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT!!!

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THEVENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S.BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET

1 - A JOB,
2 - A DRIVERS LICENSE,
3 - SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
4 - WELFARE,
5 - FOOD STAMPS,
6 - CREDIT CARDS,
7 - SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
8 - FREE EDUCATION,
9 - FREE HEALTH CARE,
10 - A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
11 - BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
12 - AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION.

I've been to two of the above crapholes. And I can report, no one is trying to get into any of them illegally. Except for Asscrackistan via the Pakistani highlands...and I can assure you, everyone transiting the border thru there is most definitely NOT being shot.

TUSooner
5/13/2010, 08:03 AM
But when Singapore says it, they actually mean it.

Go on over to Oakdale FCC and tell those guys that the gub'ment doesn't really mean for them to be there.

Leroy Lizard
5/13/2010, 02:15 PM
If you're trying to convey the message that illegal aliens face harsh penalties for being caught, forget it. They know better, which is why they have no problems trying multiple times to get in.

And don't diminish the caning punishment either. It isn't just a spanking.

TUSooner
5/13/2010, 02:28 PM
If you're trying to convey the message that illegal aliens face harsh penalties for being caught, forget it. They know better, which is why they have no problems trying multiple times to get in.

And don't diminish the caning punishment either. It isn't just a spanking.

I'm saying, in plain simple terms that you decline understand or accept, that illegal aliens face criminal punishments. They do. In some circumstances, a 10-year sentence is harsh, in some cases it's light. In some cases a 2-year sentence is very harsh.

But I keep forgetting that you are the infallible expert concerning anything on which you have formed an opinion.

And who said anything against caning? I think you could use a few pops just for being perpetually cranky & disagreable.

Leroy Lizard
5/13/2010, 07:25 PM
I'm saying, in plain simple terms that you decline understand or accept, that illegal aliens face criminal punishments. They do.

They face severe punishment. They just don't experience it.

According to this news article, the average sentence was one month. That means some were barely sentenced at all. The ones that were given stiffer sentences were probably found breaking other laws.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laplaza/2008/06/federal-hammer.html

Perception versus reality.

TUSooner
5/14/2010, 09:51 AM
They face severe punishment. They just don't experience it.

According to this news article, the average sentence was one month. That means some were barely sentenced at all. The ones that were given stiffer sentences were probably found breaking other laws.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laplaza/2008/06/federal-hammer.html

Perception versus reality.

If you're saying that the punishment should be stiffer, I won't argue, at least with regard to those who come here and commit crimes. As I said in another post, I have yet to see anyone get the full 20 despite some pretty bad records. That said, people do serve time for illegal reentry, at least within the US 5th Circuit.

Leroy Lizard
5/14/2010, 01:46 PM
Okay, so what happened to that big, bad two-year sentence you were waving around?

Crucifax Autumn
5/14/2010, 01:47 PM
Time served.

Leroy Lizard
5/14/2010, 02:02 PM
Weekend served?

BTW, the caning in Singapore is a MINIMUM. I have seen some photos of the effects; ugh!

TopDawg
5/16/2010, 10:57 PM
[standard Republican response from 2000-2008]"If you love Singapore so much, MOVE THERE!"[/standard Republican response from 2000-2008]

Curly Bill
5/16/2010, 11:30 PM
What the hell does that even mean?

yermom
5/16/2010, 11:35 PM
America, love it or leave it ;)

olevetonahill
5/16/2010, 11:35 PM
What the hell does that even mean?

The lefties have gone from bashing the AZ Law back to bashing Repubs.:rolleyes:

Curly Bill
5/16/2010, 11:38 PM
The lefties are screwed right now.

If it makes them feel better to lash out I'm fine with that. :D

olevetonahill
5/16/2010, 11:43 PM
The lefties are screwed right now.

If it makes them feel better to lash out I'm fine with that. :D

:D :D :D :cool:

TopDawg
5/16/2010, 11:51 PM
Wow. Was that bashing and lashing out? Someone's sensitive tonight.

Crucifax Autumn
5/17/2010, 02:11 AM
Bash 'em all.

The Remnant
5/17/2010, 01:22 PM
I got a chuckle from reading these posts. Some on this board fancy themselves experts on illegal immigration.

Crucifax Autumn
5/17/2010, 02:21 PM
I'm an expert on knowing that Republicants, democratac*nts, illegals, and isolationists are giant dooshbags and we should toss 'em all out of offce.

Leroy Lizard
5/18/2010, 12:35 AM
I'm an expert on knowing that Republicants, democratac*nts, illegals, and isolationists are giant dooshbags and we should toss 'em all out of offce.

Just tell us which of the officeholders are illegals and we can begin work.