PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Thread: Oklahoma vs Texas

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

TMcGee86
10/17/2009, 02:51 PM
so help me god if they would have thrown the flag there i would have jumped out my window

FaninAma
How can you not be expecting
that?

I'll start it early......fire Wilson.

soonerfaninfla
the fat lady has sang, its over

OffroadOUFan
10/17/2009, 02:52 PM
If such a thing were possible, a touchdown smeared over the three games would've been enough for all three wins...tough year, this is turning out to be.

goingoneight
Still a shot at a good season and a bowl win. Very admirable attempt by a struggling team today that caught every bad break imaginable.

5thYearSooner
Now its time for "what if.."

I will start with Jimmy stevens

Sirus
I know what Gresham is thinking, hello NFL

TMcGee86
10/17/2009, 02:53 PM
**** YOU YOU MUTHER****ING CHEATING ASSBAG ****STICK REF ****S.

soon3rfan
10/17/2009, 02:53 PM
What a Disappointing year it is going to be.

OffroadOUFan
10/17/2009, 02:54 PM
When did football become a "Nancy-boy" sport?

Sooner Eclipse
10/17/2009, 02:54 PM
for what??? he rolled off of the little bitch

MR2-Sooner86
10/17/2009, 02:55 PM
That was one of the best games I've seen ever. Even though we lost I still enjoyed it.

Sirus
Gentlemen, welcome to 2005

My Opinion Matters
Gentlemen, welcome to 2005

This is worse.

Sooner98
10/17/2009, 02:56 PM
Other good teams seem to make the big plays at crunch time in close games. OU, on the other hand, crawls into the fetal position and plays like scared little girls. And I'm getting f'ing sick of it.

Greco164318
10/17/2009, 02:57 PM
missed opportunities in the first half led to the loss. a game we should of won

GrapevineSooner
10/17/2009, 02:57 PM
We were one big interception away from breaking open the game in the first half and never got it.

Then we got that interception we were after, looked like it might get taken back...and Colt trips him up.

What can you say?

That pick gets taken back for 6, we probably win.

Greco164318
10/17/2009, 02:58 PM
i agree he is a piece of ****. with a ***** leg

Sooner02
10/17/2009, 02:59 PM
We had every opportunity imaginable to win the game. This team just is not good enough (offensively).

5thYearSooner
10/17/2009, 03:00 PM
Other good team OFFENSES seem to make the big plays at crunch time in close games. OU, on the other hand, crawls into the fetal position and plays like scared little girls. And I'm getting f'ing sick of it.

Our D really played an awesome game. They stopped Texas almost every time time they had to.

Greco164318
yup i knew colts tackle won the game

Sooner Eclipse
This is worse.

Only if uterus wins the NC. Given what I saw today, they won't.

Eielson
Who didn't see QB run coming up?

I don't know, but seeing as the play is over when the slide begins, I don't know that he even got that first down, and am surprised it wasn't looked at.

Flying Scotsman
10/17/2009, 03:03 PM
Do we expect to see Bradford back next year?

Okie35
I'm not even really pissed at that game. Our defense played their hearts out.

Greco164318
demarcos fumbles hurt

DBrown
10/17/2009, 03:04 PM
Generally speaking,this was a sloppily played game by both teams.
Understatement of the year.

5thYearSooner
10/17/2009, 03:06 PM
Do we expect to see Bradford back next year?

I hope not. He deserves better. And its Landry's time.

GrapevineSooner
10/17/2009, 03:07 PM
Last year's game was a classic.

This one was clearly not.

GrapevineSooner
10/17/2009, 03:11 PM
Last year's game was a classic.

This one was clearly not.

Greco164318
10/17/2009, 03:12 PM
honestly, this was our best defensive performance though. offense has been sloppy all year

cjames317
10/17/2009, 03:20 PM
We had every opportunity imaginable to win the game. This team just is not good enough (offensively).

That's what I saw. Gonna be difficult to stomach the hornheads this year. Hope we can get to the Cotton Bowl, since it's nearby.

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/17/2009, 03:23 PM
jimmy stevens missed fg
demarco's fumbles
dom's fiasco on the punt
calebs fumble on the goal line
landry's int's
int that should have been a pick six
holding calls
run plays that don't work (pistol)
etc, etc.

the defense kept this game close. we were given so many chances to produce, volts late game int was a blessing, gods way of saying, " here ya go, you've worked hard for this. now go score"

but we just couldnt produce when we needed it.

this one hurts. moreso than last year, because the team didnt give up! the defense worked so hard only to fall short once again. i constantly feel as though this team is right on the cusp of being great, but we seemed to falter and make stupid mistakes. if beal would not have had that late hit on mccoy--giving uterus a first fown, they would have punted and e MIGHT have had at least one shot down field. it probably would have resulted in an int or a sack, but at least we would have had a chance.

overall, texas IS NOT AS GOOD AS ADVERTISED. if we played them as well as we did, with pretty much 2nd stringers and young guys, they will get handled by someone. the biggest gripe i have, is that they made adjustments at halftime, and we reverted back to vanilla....

nice job defense. best performance i have seen from a sooner team in a long time!

basel90
10/17/2009, 03:23 PM
let's look at the big picture, this year is full of unfortunate injuries and i expect us to still beat some good teams down the road . The good news is that our D is very solid. Our Offense will need vast improvements and that will be KW's job to do as he seems to need at least 2 years to rebuild a good OL . We may end this year with a 8-5 ro 9-4 record , but let us face it , this team cannot beat UF or Alabama in a national championship game especially with bradford out and gresham gone.
As expected KW will be back and we hope next year's OL will be stout and our D as good again.Unless sam comes back next year, Landry jones will need to show improvement and consistancy which is expected as he is coached by Josh Heupel.
I honestly think OU played better than expected but 5 turnovers and a missed FG is not a recipe for winning . Texas has a good D and McCoy saved the game with his late tackle .
What is sad is that we could have won this game as well as the BYU and Miami games even with Bradford out , if we had a decent OL in place. We will have that next year and we will be back.
Go Sooners

VA Sooner
10/17/2009, 04:57 PM
Had lots of opportunities... we squandered them.

Too many mistakes... fumbles, interceptions, missed FG, penalties.

Two questions:

1. Are we out of O-linemen now??? Time to start combing the local schools for talent.

2. What happened to the run game (-18 yards today????)? Is this directly related to Number 1.

We need some work on the o-line. The defense was amazing... but asking them to score is a bit much. In time... Landry will be good... the flashes are there but needs time to work on this and not just thrown in at crunch time.

CK Sooner
10/17/2009, 05:12 PM
jimmy stevens missed fg
demarco's fumbles
dom's fiasco on the punt
calebs fumble on the goal line
landry's int's
int that should have been a pick six
holding calls
run plays that don't work (pistol)
etc, etc.

the defense kept this game close. we were given so many chances to produce, volts late game int was a blessing, gods way of saying, " here ya go, you've worked hard for this. now go score"

but we just couldnt produce when we needed it.

this one hurts. moreso than last year, because the team didnt give up! the defense worked so hard only to fall short once again. i constantly feel as though this team is right on the cusp of being great, but we seemed to falter and make stupid mistakes. if beal would not have had that late hit on mccoy--giving uterus a first fown, they would have punted and e MIGHT have had at least one shot down field. it probably would have resulted in an int or a sack, but at least we would have had a chance.

overall, texas IS NOT AS GOOD AS ADVERTISED. if we played them as well as we did, with pretty much 2nd stringers and young guys, they will get handled by someone. the biggest gripe i have, is that they made adjustments at halftime, and we reverted back to vanilla....

nice job defense. best performance i have seen from a sooner team in a long time!

Good post.