View Poll Results: Who is the hottest of OU womens basketball?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • #1 Sherri Coale

34 25.95%
  • #8 Carlee Roethlisberger

10 7.63%
  • #2 Stacey Dales

35 26.72%
  • #7 Caton Hill

10 7.63%
  • #3 Krista Sanchez

53 40.46%
  • #6 Lauren Willis

5 3.82%
  • #4 Whitney Hand

32 24.43%
  • #5 Chelsi Welch

9 6.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

HOLY **** **** it's HOT! Hottest of OU women's basketball poll

You have declared my OU womens basketball threads worthless without pictures for far too long. You've put up with my endless praise for our awesome women's basketball program without too much complaining, and I promised to reward you. Here goes:

#1: Sherri Coale

Conference: Legendary OU coaches
    Why fans love her: Three Final Fours, many tourney and regular season conference championships and bringing the OU program back from temporary extinction.

#2 Stacey Dales

Conference: Star athletes-turned sideline reporters
    Why fans love her: She led OU to its first Final Four in 2002 and really put Oklahoma on the map in the sport, taking the Sooners the closest it has ever come to a national championship in womens basketball.

#3 Krista Sanchez

Conference: Bench fan-favorites
    Why fans love her: While she hardly played during her Sooner career, it was always good to see players that cheered for their teammates during most of the game get the chance to have their own moments on the court.

#4 Whitney Hand

Conference: Rising Sooner Stars
    Why fans love her: Has the uncanny ability to fire up teammates by firing up threes and making them consistently. Even during injury times, still stays with her team and cheers a lot.

#5 Chelsi Welch

Conference: Injury Battlers
    Why fans love her: Having to sit out a year due to injury can be depressing, but she took it in stride and was a leader during the beginning of the Paris twin era.

#6 Lauren Willis

Conference: Tear Jerking Special Moments
    Why fans love her: The Christmas scholarship story will never be forgotten. It really showed how close the team and the coaches are. It showed that these aren't just students, athletes, or student-athletes, but people.

#7 Caton Hill

Conference: Patriot League
    Why fans love her: Even before she became an Army doctor, Caton was another leader on the first Final Four team and still holds a few team records.

#8 Carlee Roethlisberger

Conference: Shaddap You Annoying Announcers We Know Who Her Bro Is
    Why fans love her: Really, really fought on defense when her shot stopped falling on offense. A really hard worker that doesn't let up.

ALL RIGHT, PEOPLE! You asked for it, so you better participate in it! I will be gone next week, so you have TWO WEEKS to vote! Vote for all eight if you really want, consider this an 8-woman bracket, so the top vote getter moves onto the 'Final Four!'

PS: The rankings are based on how often you begged for pics, nothing else. Depending on how you all vote, I may just take the top four vote getters, so vote for your favorites regardless... and of course, you can vote for all eight if you want

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okienole3's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Hottest of OU women's basketball poll

Uh, Sunny Hardeman anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleWingSooner
    I have the worst temper ever. You don't want to be around me when I explode. People found this out in Elementary and middle school so by the time I was in high school no one wanted to **** me off.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OKLA21FAN's Avatar
    vCash

this thread is racially biased.
    “Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple.”

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I had Sanchez as the heavy favorite, but the second-to-last picture kinda hurt her.

vCash

Stacey Dales should be walking away with this. What's wrong with you peeps.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OKLA21FAN View Post
    this thread is racially biased.
    Ja, I know and I apologize for only including eight when we've had many wonderful players through the years. I kind of ran outta time and just threw this together last night realizing that the month of May was ending and I'm about to take off and such. These are the eight most-requested photos whenever I try to sing the team's praises.

Uh, Sunny Hardeman anyone?
    At first I was like "who?" then I saw that she played from 98-01. Alas, there just weren't any pics available of certain players before the modern (aka 'post-final four season') era. Someday, SS.com will hopefully tribute the earlier Sherri Coale years. This was also before my era, so I am not too familiar with which players came before 2001-02 season.

I had Sanchez as the heavy favorite, but the second-to-last picture kinda hurt her.
    As much as fans loved her limited playing time, she really, really had limited playing time and even though SS.com was doing more photo albums for the team around Krista's playing career, still not a lot of choice with her. But, if you move you to the next round, I'll look around more.

Stacey Dales should be walking away with this. What's wrong with you peeps.
    Again, if you all participate enough, I'll do another round of voting with the top vote-getters.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Stacey.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Rothlisberger should not be anywhere near this pole.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Leroy Lizard's Avatar
    vCash

It's great that we can put the coach in the poll too. How many teams can say that?
    At least I'm not Jersey Sooner.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    This is the best picture of her. Your eyes are broken.

I'll take a Sherri/Stacy sammich with extra mayo please.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Stacey.
    If nothing else, hopefully this thread will get everyone to spell the girls' names right in future pic demands.

Rothlisberger should not be anywhere near this pole.
    That's why it's a poll, so people can vote their opinion (but really now, be nice!). Seeing how I have been fielding a few complaints about the field, I may have to do a "who should have baj included" bracket later. Type nominees here or send me angry PM's. I am not exactly a good judge of who is hot and not, OK??? You guys request these pics all the time, not me! However, I will take Joe Jon Finley with a side dish of Cade Davis!

It's great that we can put the coach in the poll too. How many teams can say that?
    Baylor would probably claim that they could, but we all know that they are horribly mistaken.

I'll take a Sherri/Stacy sammich with extra mayo please.
    So much for Stacey getting her name spelled right from now on

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mad Dog Madsen's Avatar
    vCash

WTF?!? No Erin Higgins??? lol.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah, Higgins was a hottie. I voted for Caton and Sherri.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

vCash

It's hard to say which is the hawtest without an up-close breast manipulation.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Madsen View Post
    WTF?!? No Erin Higgins??? lol.
    Correct answer, DUH!

1)Higgins
    2)Dales
    3)Coale

4)Roethlisberger. Maybe not quite as pretty as the above...but cute, and HOT, for sure.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Seriously? I rechecked it thinking maybe I had said the wrong one, but that wasn't the case. One us has broken eyes, that's for sure.

Sherri pretty much had groupies back while she was playing for OCC. But I still went with Sanchez in my vote.

Higgins was also a small oversight in the original seeding, along with Stephanie Simon.

Also, you should have seen a blondie forward from Elmore City when I was a sophomore at OU ('77-78). Name was Lisa Wasson, and she was in one of my classes. She bailed after the main recruiter got fired at midseason (a male coach because the head coach was allegedly jealous that the great incoming freshman class liked him better.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NMSooner'80 View Post
    Higgins was also a small oversight in the original seeding, along with Stephanie Simon.
    A few have suggested Simon, as well as Higgins. The problem with Simon (and Higgins to some degree) is that there are very few pics available of the early aughts on SS.com, my main source for the pics displayed above.

My secondary sources, Google Image Search and every state media site that I've ever seen cover the womens basketball team (these also happen to be primary for many of my blog entries earlier this year), are limited by the fact that womens basketball just isn't covered like other sports. There is some interest due to school ties (and hotness factors, apparently), but media still doesn't write about womens basketball like they do about their male counterparts... and football, of course. That's the case everywhere, I'm not local media bashing, I'm everywhere media bashing.

Hopefully, if you all dropped by to see what exactly this poll was, you'll come back in the fall when the bball season fires up. And, with a little more fan interest, hopefully the team will get the recognition and respect they deserve

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

I think they should have a topless game or two throughout the year.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Seriously? I rechecked it thinking maybe I had said the wrong one, but that wasn't the case. One us has broken eyes, that's for sure.
    Cause her hair is a different color?

I guess you've just never seen a woman looking dreamy and satisfied...

The other pics look like Barbie doll crap. Cutesy. The one I like she is pretty, not little-girl cute.

It doesn't matter though. She's at least #4 on the list anyhow.