Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ardmore_Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Josh Jarboe at it again.

I had a friend of mine call me today asking if I had seen this video, and I can't say I was/am shocked at all. Josh Jarboe at his finest folks.

http://reddirtkings.com/2008/07/josh...olm-kelly.html
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Josh Jarboe at it again.

That just pissed me off. I hope Duke Robinson knocks the complete crap out of him. I'm freaking sick and tired of people using the "N WORD". I hate the word. I don't care if your black brown white red or green. It is a stupid word that nobody should use. I wish we could eliminate thugs on our football team. I just hope one of the Seniors takes this kid under his wing. I talk to Nic Harris on facebook and the dude is a complete class act. Ya my girlfriend thinks its kinda wierd that I do talk to the sooners on facebook, but oh well I like it! Anyways I don't think Sam Bradford or DeMarco Murrey would be doing this crap. At least when MK did it, it was somewhat cool.

GOOD NIGHT!
    Last edited by JLEW1818; 7/30/2008 at 03:39 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

I wouldnt exactly say he is at it again since he had the charges dropped but it certainly is not of a desirable character to do this crap on video
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jlew1818 View Post
    That just pissed me off. I hope Duke Robinson knocks the complete crap out of him. I'm freaking sick and tired of people using the word "n i g g e r". I hate the word. I don't care if your black brown white red or green. It is a stupid word that nobody should use. I wish we could eliminate thugs on our football team. .
    This is a whole other convo for the SO, if you want to start it up ill join in with alot of opinions
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

Why spread it even more?

Words are words. He paid the price...

He better shape up or they will ship him out! I can freestyle too. MK's was the best though!

PT throwin that ball and it's hummin I'm a gonna catch it, I'm a gonna wretch it! I love it dude is going to murder in the NFL!
    Like my old grand daddy used to say, "The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect."

2006 Oklahoma Sooners
    2007 Oklahoma Sooners
    2008 Oklahoma Sooners

vCash

America Folks....Land of the Free...Home of the Sooners!

I see you can get a Sooner Ringtone there though.

vCash

Freedom of speech, but not in Norman. Please I wish he would just keep his mouth shut. Catch 20 td's his freshman year then he can call me names for all I care. Seriously ..

Mark Clayton, all I have to say, I heart him.

vCash

Freedom of speech, but not in Norman. Please I wish he would just keep his mouth shut. Catch 20 td's his freshman year then he can call me names for all I care. Seriously ..

Mark Clayton, all I have to say, I heart him.
    I don't blame you for feeling that way...

Maybe he's just practicing?

vCash

Ya, I'm just saying the kid has so much talent, everybody knows that. Why blow it before it starts.
    There is a thing called "common sense". But when you think about it, Common Sense is not common.

vCash

You'd think his teammates might try to reel him in.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    I think the o-line and Sammy will do that. He's going to get to college and realize he is a nobody yet. Don't get me wrong the kid is a Sooner so I like him, but still. I think he will mature. But guys have we ever had a recent situation with gun related activity? I'm all about second chances and putting stuff in the past and learning on it, just like Stoops is. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed. However, I do know we will win with or without him.

vCash

Well that rap sucked... really bad. I could do better and I'm in my mid-thirties and day glow white. But I don't know if there is much to really worry about here... I liked Two Live Crew, NWA and the Ghetto Boys when I was Josh's age. I knew all the words and could rap along with Bushwick Bill... but I wasn't doing any of the things the songs represented. He's just a kid, cut him some slack.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

That just pissed me off. I hope Duke Robinson knocks the complete crap out of him. I'm freaking sick and tired of people using the word "n i g g e r". I hate the word. I don't care if your black brown white red or green. It is a stupid word that nobody should use.
    I agree with you. Just like on the stupid "The View" where Whoopie and that other girl were trying to argue that it is okay for blacks to use the N word. "Its doesn't mean the same if it comes from a black person, than a white..." They want it to be a wrong word, then don't use it in any fashion. I would love to own the word "Honkie" and prevent people from using it, but you know, it has no meaning for me. Just as "cracker" doesn't.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

I'm quite a bit older than most of you and I don't see anything to be upset about. He won't be leaving for a music career anytime soon is about all I got out of it.

Like has been posted I'm sure he will mature. Best guess is when the pads go on in a few days he will become more humble.

If he is as good as he thinks he is I'll bet most of us have Josh Jarboe ringtones before the end of September

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I don't think that some young African American males understand where the word originates from and how unintelligent they sound saying it. I am not African American, but my high scholl coach was and he had no tolerance for the word in any form. Do young men like this not understand that people fought for equality in this country and then you downgrade yourself. It's shocking that people still see this word as useful.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

The N-word is just like the S-word or the F-word or the B-word or the D-word or the H-word to me... words that you want to avoid using or risk sounding like an idiot.

This is why here at SoonerFans.com we have clever substitutes for words that make you sound like an idiot.

What's that you say, beyonce? You looking for a sower abolisher? What the heck... you know DANG well that there are NO sower abolishers here that know ANYTHING about Badlem.

Ehhh... Frank that Solich. I got nuthin'

vCash

on August 4th the upperclass men will get a hold of him, and he'll start maturing like all teenagers do. we'll see how he does in the Oklahoma drill...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Frack this thread.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    The N-word is just like the S-word or the F-word or the B-word or the D-word or the H-word to me... words that you want to avoid using or risk sounding like an idiot.

This is why here at SoonerFans.com we have clever substitutes for words that make you sound like an idiot.

What's that you say, beyonce? You looking for a sower abolisher? What the heck... you know DANG well that there are NO sower abolishers here that know ANYTHING about Badlem.

Ehhh... Frank that Solich. I got nuthin'
    You're an idot and a maroon!
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    1- There are some players out there that will take younger talent under their wing to help them succeed.

2- And then, there are others that won't waste their time on lost causes.

3- There are still others that see younger ones as competition and if they don't make it at OU, that's one less athlete to compete against.

Soooo... let us see... Josh Jarboe is a wide receiver and he is from Georgia, so odds are, if any player takes him under his wing, it will be a player with something in common with Josh. Also, Josh would be more valuable to the entire team if there were few receivers, so you have to take that into account. Finally, seniority matters, so if there are fewer freshmen receivers.

We have two players from Georgia aside from Jarboe - Junior linebacker J.R. Bryant from Jesup, Ga. and freshman linebacker Daniel Franklin from Mount Airy, Ga. so that really isn't a factor.

Let us see how many receivers we have, shall we?

1- Jameel Owens 6-3 200 WR FR Muskogee, Okla. (Muskogee HS)

2- Corey Wilson 6-1 182 WR RS FR Carrollton, Texas (Creekview HS)

3- Brandon Caleb 6-2 196 WR JR Richmond, Va. (Fork Union Military Academy)

4- Juaquin Iglesias 6-0 204 WR SR Killeen, Texas (Killeen HS)

5- Tyler Stradford 6-2 183 WR RS FR New Orleans, La. (O. Perry Walker HS)

6- Dejuan Miller 6-5 200 WR FR Metuchen, N.J. (Metuchen HS)

7- Steven Cobb 6-2 200 WR RS FR Midland, Texas (Midland HS)

8- Rashad Hutchins 5-10 180 WR RS FR Houston, Texas (Hastings HS)

9- Adron Tennell 6-4 191 WR JR Irving, Texas (Irving HS)

10- Carter Whitson 5-11 182 WR JR Shawnee, Okla. (Shawnee HS)

11- Quentin Chaney 6-5 203 WR SR Tulsa, Okla. (Washington HS)

12- Ryan Broyles 5-11 175 WR RS FR Norman, Okla. (Norman HS)

13- T.J. Hamilton 5-11 194 WR JR Mounds, Okla. (Southern Nazarene)

Ok, so there goes the argument "but he's one of our only receivers!" (if that was ever an argument) because there are THIRTEEN, yes, 13 other receivers on our roster! Also, seven of the them are either freshmen or redshirt freshmen, so there goes the "he's the only receiver in the class" argument too.

That means that about the only thing that separates Josh Jarboe from the 100 other guys wanting to be on the field is his red hair. Competition is tough not just for the 13 receivers wanting to suit up on gameday, but also for the hundred other guys wanting on the field, so don't expect anyone to give Josh any special treament (especially since there's only two other guys from Georgia and they're both linebackers). Because there are so many freshmen receivers, Jarboe is not exactly stand out as the one that the other receivers need to coddle and raise to be the next generation's star.

This happens to so many talented football recruits - they are treated like gods during recruitment, then they show up on campus and try to act like gods still... without realizing that there are 13 others competing at their position, they're not even the only receiver in their class competing and there's nobody there that will treat them differently than anyone else unless they're given a reason to. Reason include awesome play on the field, or off-field dooshbaggery.

Since Jarboe hasn't seen the field, we can assume that if he is treated different, it will be for off-field dooshbaggery... like, say, a poorly executed freestyle rap video online?

So, anyways, I have said it in many words, and people have said the exact same thing in fewer: Jarboe is going to get hit a lot in practice.