Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Boomer Sooner! Congratulations Colorado

Your team didn't quit and took advantage of many opportunities today. Your crowd sounded loud, and your coach said all the right things in postgame. I don't think you saw our best today, and that may be because you didn't allow it.

Enjoy it and I hope we see you in the CCG!

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

Thumbs up We owe congratulations to Hawkins and Colorado.

... they certainly have mine.

"Oppurtunities" is the key word. An embarassment of the riches at that. We choked. This was not the officiting's fault, not the fans or coaches fault. OUr guys did NOT take advantage of OPPURTUNITIES.

Reggie, it's okay. Don't let that fumble define you. Get out there and play your A-game... we true Sooner faithful will continue to suppport you for doing so.

Juaqin, you'll be alright. You unfortunately cannot play every single game like a superstar, but we appreciate your effort. True Sooner faithful appreciate you guys regardless of what is said beyond this point.

That said, where was Malcom Kelly? Injured? Not one single pass even attempted his direction? JG and JJF had a combined one single dropped pass. Where were they? Where was this mammoth OL?

My $.02: there is still a lot of football to be played, and if anyone wants to hang their hats just because we aren't going to New Orleans (highly unlikely, now), go ahead and call it a season. We don't want you. We want the fans, players, alumni and coaching staff that pulled this team back from disaster last year to get a BIG 12 crown.

I still love the Sooners and hold no grudge, I'm sure they're more frustrated than anyone at this point. You win some, you lose some. It is now clear that Colorado is officially headed in the right direction. I look at this loss like the Texas loss last year, and the Oregon State loss USC suffered... you're on the road... you make mistakes and Cinderella does what they need to do to win.

At this point, a strong finish is demanded I am certain. It would be wonderful to meet Hawkins and Company in San Antonio, but we've got work to do. Beat Texas and roll through the BIG 12, Sooners... I'm still a true fan. And finally, congratulations to CU, Dan Hawkins and his team.
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonercody's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Congratulations Colorado

Thread merge needed.

vCash

Yup they played a hell of a game !
    Grats Buffs
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 DrZaius's Avatar
    vCash

Re: We owe congratulations to Hawkins and Colorado.

Here Here.....

It sucks to lose but it should have happened today the way we played on offense. Our defense what pretty good up until the second half when they were on the field for the ENTIRE time. Kudos to CU they played well.

On a good note...We now have plenty of film to study for the rest of the season. There are a lot of things they can address.

I am curious why our game plan changed so much for this game.

THEY CAN AND WILL WIN THE BIG 12.......

THEY ARE NOT FINISHED, not by a long shot.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerBOI's Avatar
    vCash

Nice thread, Rogue. Congrats to Colorado!!! I still love my Sooners!

vCash

We can still play for and Win that Crystal
    Now its Not a gimmie we have to WANT it .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Nice jorb Buffalos, we may see you again this year!
    ...Oh, you were finished? Well then, allow me to retort...
    Jules
    www.MyTulsaHouse.com

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

We'll be back. We can still run the table, beat Texas next week and still win the Big XII South, the Big XII championship and make it back to another BCS game. I'm already looking forward to getting some payback on the 'Horns next week in the RRS.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

that was a rough one to lose, they always are. we certainly didn't play our best and i knew it was coming. everyone played poorly.

colorado made us pay and they didn't quit at 24-7. not many teams would be able to fight through that.

vCash

That was a great game by the Buffs. I still see us rallying the troupes and winning out.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Great win for the Colorado coaches and players, congratulations on a job well done. The crowd was certainly a factor...much credit to their fans for staying loud and not giving up.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Congrats, CU, on a well played and coached game. You deserved the win. See you next year.

vCash

thanks for merging this one... my PC is really slow today and I didn't see a congrats thread already. That said, I stand by my congrats.
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

vCash

Every team likes knocking off last years Conference Champion.

We didn't put them away and we made some awful turnovers.

I'm glad we got this one out of the way....

We're gonna smoke Texas.

Rogue....

You have my vote for Post of the Day.

Way to take the high road. SPEK!

ST

Thanks all, go out and beat Texas now. I still think you guys will win the big 12 but hopefully youll have to go through us again

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Doged's Avatar
    vCash

Adding my congrats to Colorado for a magnificently played and coached game. It sucks to lose, but it happens. The Colorado team worked their butts off to earn that win.

I'll be pulling for the Buffs to win out now so we can have another shot at them in the CCG!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 FirstandGoal's Avatar
    vCash

Thanks to both of you guys who started this thread. It's easy to win, but the true measure of a fan is how much grace we have during a loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Also, we're pretty dumb and like boobies a lot.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rynobuff
    Thanks all, go out and beat Texas now. I still think you guys will win the big 12 but hopefully youll have to go through us again
    That would definitely be fun to play again, but we got some work to do. Both teams do, actually. But it is nice to see that someone in the BIG 12 North is headed in the right direction. I miss the days when the BIG 12 was teh dominant one. Good luck, CU.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

I'll take a mulligan on this game.