Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

How do we match up against...

LSU?
    I actually think we match up OK. From what I've seen, the strength of their D is pressure from the front 4 causing bad throws that get picked by their solid secondary. I think it will be a matchup of the best D-line vs the best O-line in the country. I'm hoping that with the way we are working in our 2's, we can rotate our front 5, stay fresh, and wear their fatboys down. I know their 1's are great, but I don't know about their depth. I don't beleive that VT was that great, and SC seemed to limit their offensive production. Hester doesn't scare me nearly as bad as Holiday. I think Reggie, maybe with a little safety support could shut Ducet down. I think it would be a great game.
    24-21 OU

USC?
    I don't buy the Booty hype, so I think if we can shut the run down, we can manage their offense. I think Paul Smith was better the Booty and we kept him from killing us, so even if they go airborn, I don't think we're in bad shape. Though the talent around Booty is much better than around Smith. I think it all comes down to our D-line. Can we get pressure with just the front 4? Hopefully, English says yes. And if the tackles can stop the bus sized holes USC created against Nebbish, our LBs can tee off. I think our offense can move the ball against just about anyone. If we are ever forced to go one dimensional, I truely think we may not miss a beat. Through the air, our tallented WR and TEs especially, will carry us. On the ground, I think we could manage pretty well behind the O-line with fresh backs every other play.
    35-28 OU

Florida?
    I have no real idea. I haven't seen them play much. I know the struggled recently, but I wonder how much of that was just Tebow having an off day?

I realize it's early. I know we have to win several games before we can think about a NC game. But this is why I love college football, the speculation. I am also fully willing to admit I'm a homer, so I'd like other's input.
    Happiness is found at the bottom of a glass of crown and coke.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Blitzkrieg's Avatar
    I have all the characteristics of a human being- flesh, blood,
    vCash

Re: How do we match up against...

Florida struggled to beat Ole Miss, a team Mizzou beat on the same field in much easier fashion about 2 weeks ago. They are living off a big win over Tennessee, but they are not any good either.

Autoerotic asphyxiation is my anti-drug.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

heh. the Booty.

vCash

Just know that lsu and suc have just as much talent as us if not more. And the difference in those two NC games (03 and 04) came down to QB play and defense. One further note: Champ game is in New Orleans. We all remember the hornets' nest that turned into with all the tiger fans....

Yep. Totally dominated in N.O. the last time.

Brewmaster

vCash

That Sugar Bowl against LSU was a lot closer than most of you seem to recall. If our Heisman-winning QB had been healthy and the playcalling hadn't been so questionable for much of the game, we could have won that one. That game was a respectable loss, unlike when we got pantsed by USC.
    ... that's not food.

vCash

I think LSU would be the toughest competition, and playing them in NO would be difficult. But I also remember the '00 Orange Bowl, so I refuse to give up hope.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 cheezyq's Avatar
    vCash

Well, after watching LSU v SC last weekend, I think that LSU has too many NFL prospects on their team for us to contend with. Seriously, they have all their "I'm da man" celebrations down pat, which gives them a leg up on us in hype and future hall of fame careers in the NFL. I don't think anyone has a chance against them. They should win the MNC on their "tackle for 1-yard gain" celebrations alone.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Have you seen the size of the LSU guys? We'd get hammered.

Have you seen the speed of the USC guys? We'd get hammered not so much.

OU #3 team - IMO.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg
    Yep. Totally dominated in N.O. the last time.
    In Oklahoma, we don't consider a game "totally dominated" if we win by seven and the opposing team misses a TD pass by mere inches that would've tied the game late in the fourth quarter.

But hey, you guys without such standards feel free to crow.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet
    Have you seen the size of the LSU guys? We'd get hammered.

Have you seen the speed of the USC guys? We'd get hammered not so much.

OU #3 team - IMO.
    Yes, I am sure Phil Loadholt and the boys would run and hide since LSU is so big!

Oooh, and those USC speed demons would probably make DeMarco, Malcolm, JI and Reggie Smith feel like they had concrete shoes on!

We might be third, but we can compete with anyone, anytime. We have as much size and speed and LSU and USC.
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

Brewmaster

vCash

I like this team. I like their resolve.
    ... that's not food.

Sooner Rookie Malcolm Kelly's Cousin's Avatar
    vCash

Off topic, but is anyone watching College Football Live?

Announcer: Let's go over, "Who's number one". *Shows few minutes worth of video clips of Florida, then LSU, then USC*

Wow.

I love the Me(n)dia.

Sooner Benchwarmer mizzOUstu702's Avatar
    vCash

I just don't think LSU has the most consistent running game out of the supposed "top 3" (I mean, their top runner is fullback Jacob Hester...). If you force Flynn to pass, they do have the talent at receiver, but any decent secondary can shut down their air attack.

That's why I think Florida is fairly overrated this year. They don't have a traditional running game. They tend to rely on reverses, draws, and the tricks and schemes of the spread offense. Of course, they *did* win a MNC sans running game.
    "MizzOUstu doesn't advertise"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

The more I think about the play calling after we run the ball to the 13 yard line and then call 4 pass plays...

Then we get the ball back after stopping LSU and call 4 more pass plays...

I wonder if any of the other coaches had some words for Wilson.
    It's just entertainment!
    Lost in Mexifornia (Irvine, CA)

“We’re the dark matter. We’re the force that orders the universe but can’t be seen,” - JSOC Navy SEAL
    The US Navy might introduce the GAU-19 to the Iranian Navy speed boats, like a shot across the bow.

vCash

LSU has a four game stretch (after Tulane) that will be pretty tough:
    Sat, Oct 6 (4) Florida
    Sat, Oct 13 at (14) Kentucky
    Sat, Oct 20 Auburn
    Sat, Nov 3 at (22) Alabama
    If they make it through that, I will respect them. Until then, they are still just Lester State to me.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Thompson
    The more I think about the play calling after we run the ball to the 13 yard line and then call 4 pass plays...

Then we get the ball back after stopping LSU and call 4 more pass plays...

I wonder if any of the other coaches had some words for Wilson.
    Chuck Long called the plays in that game, not Wilson.

i think thats the problem with friday night games, you get so much exposure on friday night but by saturday you're pretty much last week's news unless you got upset

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

LSU vs OU: IMHO!

Qb-push, flynn has experience, while he isnt as good as bradford that could be huge in a big game atmosphere

OU's O-line vs D line-close push
    LSU's O-line vs OU's D-line- LSU
    LB's- OU
    DB's- LSU
    WR's-OU
    RB's-OU
    ST's-OU
    Coaching- Stoops over miles slightly just based off of past matchups

So I have it 5-2 OU with two close matchups
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11
    Coaching- Stoops over miles slightly just based off of past matchups
    Lester is the one coach that seems like he can get up in Stoops's head. While I think Stoops is a much better coach overall, a battle against Lester scares me a little.